Yamaha Factory Parts Catalogs

No replies to this topic
  • KD123

Posted October 14, 2006 - 08:08 PM

I'm a newcomer to dirt biking, and to this forum. For the last year, I've owned a 2001 YZ426. I've adjusted the valves and performed other things that I never would have attempted without the benefit of this forum. So I am grateful to those who take the time to post.

I don't know how many readers out there might be interested, but I recently came across a web site that contains .pdf files of factory parts catalogs for what seems to be all Yamaha products. The site address is: http://www.yamaha-mo...rtes/Catalogos/. It's apparently based in Mexico. I found the YZ426 under the directory "Competencia".

As you may know, the Yamaha corporate web site (http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx) also provides access to part catalogs. I find the catalogs useful because I can print out a page with an exploded view of the assembly that I need a part for. Helps take the guess work out of defining the exact part you need for the parts guy at the local shop. But logging in is a pain, and I don't find the site that user friendly.

Now that I've downloaded the file for my 2001 YZ426FP, I don't need to hassle with the Yamaha site.

It also comes to mind that when I read some forum posts, it's sometimes difficult to understand exactly what screw or widget is being discussed. For those folks who are software savvy, I assume that a jpg can be made out of a page from the .pdf parts catalog. By attaching the page/jpg to a message, it might be easier to articulate exactly what part - or order of assembly - is required.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.