Got it!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • Bigcr

Posted October 14, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I drove up to Utah to help my dad with some stuff at his cabin. I picked him up and drove to Richfield and picked up my '07. It bad ass! I was going to ride it today but it's SNOWING!! So I'm doing the usaul drooling and peeling off the warning stickers. &%$#@! is up with the plastic? I scratched the back fender just taking the stickers off and trying to get the glue off. Oh well, it's a dirt bike and is still cool. Once I get home, I'll get a new chain. After I finish helping my dad paint the garage floor I'm going to start greasing her up.

There my be a yellow hurricane or white camo kit in the near future. (After I get the suspension set up for my heavy self). I think I'm just going to start with springs and see how that works. The bummer is that I'm going to have to take off the super cool titanium shock spring.

• NOMADAK

Posted October 14, 2006 - 09:18 AM

The bummer is that I'm going to have to take off the super cool titanium shock spring.

Tell me about it
:devil: :thumbsdn:

Retail on a correctly rated replacement for my weight from Yamaha is $550. NO EXCHANGES.

I hope that one day soon they will have springs available to exchange at the dealer to customize the bike to the weight of the buying rider.

• Jaycycle

Posted October 14, 2006 - 09:20 AM

Lucky! Is it white or blue? Post some pic's if you got um.

• Bigcr

Posted October 14, 2006 - 10:12 AM

Lucky! Is it white or blue? Post some pic's if you got um.

It's the blue one. I'll get some pics when I get home.

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2006 - 11:02 AM

I hope that one day soon they will have springs available to exchange at the dealer to customize the bike to the weight of the buying rider.

How cool would that be?

Interestingly, MX Tech suggests that the ideal weight (in your gear) for the '06 is 210.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigcr

Posted October 14, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I'm gonna try mine with the stock stuff first. I'm not that fast. However, I weigh about 235 in my gear.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 14, 2006 - 02:09 PM

For 235 lbs you will need stiiffer fork and rear shock springs.....
I have priced yamaha Ti shock springs and they are 339.00 each -

For those pesky stickers...use a heat gun on low and they come right off.... :thumbsup

Welcome to the yami side.

• kyle450rider

Posted October 14, 2006 - 07:10 PM

I scratched my rear fender today taking off the warning sticker and that's with using a heat gun!!!!

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2006 - 08:48 PM

Score the surface of the sticker in several places with a razor blade or an X-acto knife, then dampen it with a glue remover like Goo-Gone, a citrus based product, or WD-40. After that sits four 10-15 minutes, a pressure washer will take it right off without leaving a mark.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 14, 2006 - 08:59 PM

How cool would that be?

Interestingly, MX Tech suggests that the ideal weight (in your gear) for the '06 is 210.

they must be takin the specs for woods riders or something cause im bottoming out on nearly every takeoff around here and im 185 geared...thats the front...the rear bottoms every now and agian on g-outs

• at_ecd

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:38 AM

Tell me about it
:thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Retail on a correctly rated replacement for my weight from Yamaha is $550. NO EXCHANGES.

I could have swore I read that Suzuki was going to do that with the new RMZ250....I could be wrong though. I dont know why these companies don't do that for customers. I mean you are making a 7 thousand dollar purchase from them and once you pay thats it. I wish that there could be a dealer examination or something also. Some dealers are just really bad at what they do. You are their best friend when shopping around, but once you pay they don't want anything to do with you. A guy I work with bought an 06 KLX250s for 7 grand and they wont help him out (he is not a great mechanic). I think that qualifies as rape...seriously. WOW, I think I have rambled enough.. :devil:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.