Just gotta have those black wheels

22 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted February 15, 2007 - 04:59 PM

So, what was the verdict on the spray paint? Is that a no-go? Would it work/be worth it? I like the look, not sure if I wanna be touching mine up all the time. Ya think sand will screw them up too? I ride TONS of loose sand around here in FL.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Potts228

Posted February 15, 2007 - 05:41 PM

So, what was the verdict on the spray paint? Is that a no-go? Would it work/be worth it? I like the look, not sure if I wanna be touching mine up all the time. Ya think sand will screw them up too? I ride TONS of loose sand around here in FL.

Please don't do it! You will just have people laughing at you and you will be painting your rims after every ride and having to deal with other riders snickering at you. Either suck it up and lace up some new rims or live with what you've got.

• rockn6gs

Posted February 15, 2007 - 07:21 PM

:censored: :ride: :lol: :applause: :applause: :applause:

If they are aluminum they are not stock, aluminum wheels only on most mx bikes. steel wheels are cheaper and there is no way that honda or any other manufacturer is putting aluminum wheels on their bikes without it being advertised as such, or the expense being passed along to the consumer!
Example KTM uses excells on most of their bikes but they are also expensive bikes! Off-roaders just dont qualify for the additional cost!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.