Pipe and gearing for 05

5 replies to this topic
  • FreakCRF450

Posted October 13, 2006 - 01:32 AM

Hi guyz

My friend has an 05 YZ450f ( 4 gears transmission ) he want to re-gear it for trails and dragging with friends...what is ur recommendations?

BTW..what is the stock gearing

Also looking for good powerful pipe...What is ur recommendations?

How do u like Jardine pipe?

thanks

• muddza

Posted October 13, 2006 - 04:09 AM

I run 13/50 for trails, awesome for the tighter stuff, and not too bad for the open fire roads, the wr's always pull away a little on the open stuff, but thats to be expected, you'll nail them in the tight stuff with the weight factor.

Stock gearing is 14/51..........

I run a White bros E2 pipe and love the performance, apart from the initial fit its a great pipe.

• FreakCRF450

Posted October 13, 2006 - 06:57 AM

13/50 is shorter than the stock 14/51...I want more top-end .... i want for open desert to be more accurate.

what about 15/51 ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pukeballs

Posted October 13, 2006 - 01:00 PM

I left mine at 14/51, but I changed them to talon sprockets and DID chain.

• mikedabike

Posted October 13, 2006 - 08:15 PM

13/50 is shorter than the stock 14/51...I want more top-end .... i want for open desert to be more accurate.

what about 15/51 ?

15/51 is good. It will pull it no problem you will barely notice the loss off bottom. Any taller and first gear gets a little tall for the really tight stuff. I always tell people that my bike is not missing fifth gear it is missing first. :devil:

• FreakCRF450

Posted October 16, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Will teh stock chain fit fine with 15/51 ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.