Cylinder head cover gasket?!

4 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted October 12, 2006 - 11:02 PM

After you guys have checked your valves, do apply any sealant compound to the cylinder head cover gasket or just clean the gasket and install it again?

• Audun

Posted October 12, 2006 - 11:57 PM

Have adjusted my valves, the only thing I did was applying oil to the gasket. It worked fine. I opened it yesterday to recheck the valves on my new exhaustcam an the gasket and it was smooth and hadnt stuck to eighter the engine head or the cover! Dont think youre supposed to applyanything else than some kind of lubrication to make sure the rubber dont dry out or sticks to any metal. Maybe just hightemp res grease of some kind would be even better!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 13, 2006 - 05:14 AM

Don't put any sealer on the cylinder head side. Just clean it up and slap it back on. It will seal fine.

• agermaney

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:02 AM

Ive had mine on and off many times and its never leaked yet. I just leave a light smear of oil on it.

• tshe1

Posted October 13, 2006 - 01:27 PM

according to the manual, no need new cylinder head cover gasket.
clean it carefully and install it back.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.