AIS Removal Performance

3 replies to this topic
  • aussie 54

Posted October 12, 2006 - 09:38 PM

Just wondering what the ais removal will do for my 05 WR450 performance, I've done most other mods like the air box, throttle stop, jetting and exhaust. The bike hauls ass now but am currious to see if I can get a little more.

• clark4131

Posted October 12, 2006 - 09:48 PM

AIS removal is not a performance mod. It is only the removal of the smog pump which aids in diagnosing jetting problems as the subsequent decel popping and backfiring is eliminated...SC

'05 WR450F
'05 VTX1800F1
Reno, NV & La Paz, BCS, Mexico
10/7/06 - USC 26, Washington 20...Fight On!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Anchslayer

Posted October 13, 2006 - 09:31 AM

It does remove around 1/2 pound of crap and makes it easy to access your carb. I was struggling with jetting and once I got rid of my AIS I pretty much nailed it right on the very next try. You should get rid of it, you won't notice a performance increase but it serves no purpose. I used the TT AIS removal kit and it was worth the $.

• kskyles

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:22 AM

getting rid of the back-fire alone is worth it.

the JD jetting kit, and the AIS removal are the two best things i've done for my '05. besides, the AIS removal is a piece of cake for anyone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.