Pro Taper Bars?

11 replies to this topic
  • Beejay

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:58 PM

So I fitted a pair of Pro Taper bars a few weeks back & seem to be getting much more vibration through my hands now. Thinking about filling the ends with silicone with sand in the middle. Anyone tried this or experienced the same after fitting these bars?

• Bullwinkle

Posted October 12, 2006 - 11:46 PM

I have a little too much vibration as well. I've been thinking about trying Bar Snake.

• Beejay

Posted October 13, 2006 - 05:23 PM

Bullwinkle, you got Pro Tapers' on or the standard Renthal?

• Alley Cat

Posted October 13, 2006 - 05:44 PM

So I fitted a pair of Pro Taper bars a few weeks back & seem to be getting much more vibration through my hands now. Thinking about filling the ends with silicone with sand in the middle. Anyone tried this or experienced the same after fitting these bars?

Don't worry about the sand Beejay, just use silicone. It suprisingly makes a big difference.

• boer

Posted October 13, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Honestly, when I changed to Pro Tapers I couldn't feel a difference. I was too happy being able to stand straight without having to crouch forward. The silicone in the ends does make sense though, and it's not permanent so give it a try and let us know if it worked :devil:

• Seabass

Posted October 13, 2006 - 07:25 PM

I'd say try a steering damper but squirting silicone in the ends of your bars is way cheaper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bullwinkle

Posted October 14, 2006 - 06:17 AM

Bullwinkle, you got Pro Tapers' on or the standard Renthal?

Renthal.
:devil:

• Beejay

Posted October 14, 2006 - 11:29 AM

Honestly, when I changed to Pro Tapers I couldn't feel a difference. I was too happy being able to stand straight without having to crouch forward. The silicone in the ends does make sense though, and it's not permanent so give it a try and let us know if it worked :devil:

Thats what convinced me to change, the standing. I'm going to give it a try in a week or two, we're in shut down mode here & I'm working 12hr shifts 7 days a week. Give you some feedback soon.
I'm also going to trim about 20mm from each end.

• 89TRX350RX

Posted October 17, 2006 - 03:44 PM

Careful if you run bark busters on the tapers and you cut the bars... the mounts are designed to fit in one spot on the bars and if you narrow them, the mounts move towards the center and ther bars are bigger... may have to mod them to make 'em fit?!?!?

• Beejay

Posted October 17, 2006 - 10:28 PM

:devil: got that under contol, some hand filing & longer machine screws.

• simon@vic

Posted October 18, 2006 - 06:59 AM

mine work fin with cut bars.......... 1.5cm from each side.......

• kembro

Posted October 19, 2006 - 12:41 PM

Same vibe problem here, how did the silicon work out?

Cheers
Kem

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.