NEW DUCATI 650cc DUAL SPORT

12 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 12, 2006 - 01:41 PM

I figured since BMW is making one, with the help of Aprillia I would start a rumor that Ducati will be soon. Just kidding, Does anyone own a Ducati Multistrada? I know not the right forum, but I trust you guys! I have been looking at one, I refuse to take my wife two up through the woods again, worked my butt off last time just to stay upright in the sand. But would like to take her riding and I like the style of the Ducati. Anyone?
Besides I like the whole idea behind the desmodronic valve actuation, seems bullet proof to me!

• motomonte

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Maybe theyre almost there,check this out :http://www.ducati.co...51115/home.html
just add some knobbies and a pumped up monster600 engine... :devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:58 PM

motomonte, I was hoping for a single cylinder with a little more off road capability. It is one baddass bike though. :devil:
Anyone know someone who has a multistrada? would like some opinions about the bike.

• motomonte

Posted October 12, 2006 - 05:14 PM

O.K how about a single cylinder desmo engine?I think they should have something...

• motochris

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:22 PM

Check the latest issue of Cycle News....page 13. If I had a scanner, I'de already have a pic posted. I won't say what it is.....somebody scan that pic. It's heavenly.

• lrutt

Posted October 13, 2006 - 08:19 AM

the multistroodle is not a woods bike. Not even hardly a gravel road bike with the stock tires. So you need to really understand the type of riding you intend to do then select the right bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 13, 2006 - 11:28 AM

I know the multistrada is a road bike, I want one to ride my wife around on, I would like the hypermotard too, No passenger pegs so I will get vetoed on that one, I was hoping someone out there in thumper land would own one as well as their thumper and could get their opinion on the bike.

• motochris

Posted October 14, 2006 - 10:03 AM

Let the drooling commence....

Posted Image

• rebelventurer

Posted October 14, 2006 - 10:08 AM

Motochris, I am slobbering all over myself, now what do we have to do to get them to build it, start a petition, where do I sign. AWESOME!!!!

• Vittorio67

Posted October 14, 2006 - 02:31 PM

Why not this?

Posted Image

Honda :devil: is Honda..

However:

in ENGLISH:
http://www.multistra...ndex.php?page=2

in ITALIAN:
http://www.ducatimultistrada.it/

• rebelventurer

Posted October 14, 2006 - 04:03 PM

Vittorio, you are the man, thank you so much! I want one of the Ducati multistrada's to ride my wife around on. But before I went and laid out the $10000+ fees, etc.. Iwanted some opinions and feedback about the bike.
I much prefer the european v twin desmo over the overated and way overpriced american harley davidsons. I love the styling, design, and suspension components of the Ducati!

• Vittorio67

Posted October 15, 2006 - 06:08 AM

Did you know exists this bike?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's an old italian bike, Cagiva with 750cc Ducati DESMO_engine. :devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 15, 2006 - 06:27 AM

Vittorio, that is one heavy looking dual sport. I bet it hauls butt, though! And no I did not know about it, I have seen some Cagiva motorcross bikes before, but this is a new one on me. :devil:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.