Got an extra 426 header for sale?

5 replies to this topic
  • Pincushion

Posted October 12, 2006 - 01:41 PM

I need one. PM me with details if you have one to sell.

I got what I thought was a stock YZ426 header, but its about a 1/2" too small OD where the silencer meet point is. What Yamaha YZ or WR has 1 1/2" OD at the jnction point.

• Yama4Stroker

Posted October 12, 2006 - 02:15 PM

Not sure if this applies for you, but the original yz400/426 header and silencer hada metalic (lead-like) gasket that was in the female end of the silencer, then slipped over the header. Check out the online oem parts finder for yamaha. It is part #12 in the exhaust section. This should make up the difference in od.

• Pincushion

Posted October 13, 2006 - 06:46 AM

Thank you. As you can see I have no experience with the stock system.
I'll check that out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaradt2006

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:29 AM

if your interested i have a fmf powercore 4 muffler a fmf power bomb header and full fmf jetkit i just took off my bike cause im selling the bike i will sell the full exhaust and jetkit for cheap

• firemike

Posted October 22, 2006 - 08:08 AM

I have a stock header and pipe for a 2000 yz 426.........interested email me.....firemike332000@yahoo.com.......or i will check back here....c-ya

• battles2a5

Posted October 26, 2006 - 06:21 AM

Chech out eBay. Somebody is parting out a 426 and the stock header is listed. I think it was just listed yesterday w/ no reserve.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.