Liability Insurance for the WR

3 replies to this topic
  • big_G

Posted December 12, 2001 - 11:14 AM

Progressive has that at $55/year. Comp is like $220, add coll and its even more.

Liability should be enough, cuz the homeowners should cover the rest right??? Anyone know what AAA covers??

I'm plated but I don't commute on the bike, only fart around town and such. I go off road mostly, and I'm sure those coverages stop at the pavement.

Anyone have revelent experience here???

Thanks

• Rocky

Posted December 12, 2001 - 11:28 AM

Well.............you need to call and ask them.
I am paying total of almost $700/year for comprehensive, collision,uninsured, underinsured, liability in AZ all with $30/$300,000 limits.

If I opt for comprehensive only (theft, vandalisim, acts of god, etc) it is around $100 a year.
DO NOT ASSUME that your home owner insuarnce is going to pickup the tab. in most cases the only may pay for theft or vandalisim, acts of Gods) if the bike is sitting on your property.

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Rocky ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 12, 2001 - 01:26 PM

My USAA home owners policy DOES NOT cover the bikes for fire/theft/vandalism even when stored in garage. I carry liability and comprehensive, no collision, on all the bikes.

Bottom line - Check with your insurance co.

Brian

• big_G

Posted December 12, 2001 - 02:01 PM

I have an email into AAA already, I just wanted some feed back on whose got good insurance already. Mostly, insurance is spent money and I certainly don't need to double insure anything.
Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.