HS racing starts in less than two months, any training tips.

3 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted January 14, 2001 - 08:19 AM

Its to cold for runing out side but I need to get my wind up any tips..

• Boit

Posted January 14, 2001 - 06:50 PM

Try cutting back as much as possible anything with refined sugar. It's been nothing short of miraculous what that's done for me. BTW, I'm 47.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted January 15, 2001 - 03:11 AM

You have to find a way to do cardio. Jump rope, ice skate or buy a stationary bike, a rowing machine, take Karate or join a gym.

With the relocation I have just went through. I'm going out tonight and look at Karate Dojos. I like Karate, it's a fun way to get in some great cardio and the stretching is just what my 40+ body needs.

In addtition to cutting out refined sugars also looks at processed flour. Nothing that is in the white bread family. Minimize pasta also.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• tripm

Posted January 15, 2001 - 05:05 AM

Ride rollers. http://www.kreitler.com A great thing to have is a heart rate monitor too. You can see if you're working out or just fooling yourself.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.