Handlebar question (not the typical question)

2 replies to this topic
  • 650_shark

Posted October 12, 2006 - 05:53 AM

Just bought some Pro taper KX Hi bars for a 06 XR650L and I wondering if the cables are long enough when I put these on. I think I've read some where cab;es will reach up to an inch over stock rise??? The KX Hi's are 4.25"/108mm rise.

I'm sure I will find out about the cables on Monday or Tuesday when I get the bars .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted October 12, 2006 - 07:00 AM

Shouldn't be a problem.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 12, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I have the pro tapers as well as higher bar mounts, I think I am about 2 1/2" higher than stock and had no problem with the cables reaching. You will however have to either drill the bars for the locating pins that are a part of the switch assemblies, or as I did file the locating pins down in the switches.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.