Clarke vs. IMS Tank

4 replies to this topic
  • sky-bot

Posted October 12, 2006 - 05:37 AM

Any opinions on what tank is better on a 2001 yz 426?
I am thinking of going for the clarke 3.3 gal tank, im not quite sure which model has a better fit and comfort?

• martybec

Posted October 12, 2006 - 07:15 PM

I had a clarke on my 426 and took it off because it raises up where you put gas in to almost level with the handlebars. I just felt like I was riding on the back fender. But as far as quality goes, the clarke was very well made.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1200bruce

Posted October 12, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Well dirtrider.com said:
An IMS oversize tank, with or without dry-break. In the last few years IMS has done a great job of adding fuel capacity to popular off-road machines without compromising the standard ergonomics. In some cases, the tanks even aid the stock riding position. We love long rides and hate pushing bikes that are out of fuel. So we love IMS tanks.

• leeman426

Posted October 12, 2006 - 08:13 PM

i have the clarke tank for my 01 426 and have had it for 5 years. i love it it runs me about 120 miles trail riding and about 70 miles desert racing

• sky-bot

Posted October 13, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the input, I believe ill go with the Clarke 3.3, I definitely don't like pushing it cause no matter what you do your five miles from no where and surrounded by sand

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.