07 shootout

17 replies to this topic
  • YZ250F_Rider

Posted October 12, 2006 - 02:19 AM

My apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.transworl...1544770,00.html

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:24 AM

It completely blew me away when Average JOE rated the KTM 2nd! Has anyone ridden the new orange 07 450. If so, is it THAT GOOD. It beat a Honda in a Honda magazine shootout.

• cubera

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:30 AM

Guess it ain't a Honda magazine anymore:)

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:38 AM

I still think that they are biased. I think all of them are biased. The most trusted TEST magazine I read is MXA, they have good product reviews and a very detailed bike test. But I think they are biased....towards Yamaha....but thats OK

• norcal_hoss

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:43 AM

I know the crew at Transworld well especially Donn M and i can tell you that they tell it like it is. They dont get any extras from giving props to a specific bike. Thats why they are the number one selling mx magazine.

• WFOracer

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:52 AM

I know the crew at Transworld well especially Donn M and i can tell you that they tell it like it is. They dont get any extras from giving props to a specific bike. Thats why they are the number one selling mx magazine.

Yeah it's already been posted, but who cares. I was shocked by the 2nd place bike. I really want to ride one now. I know this is just one pros opinion, but dang! I think it's hilarious that he ranked the Zuke last...especially since he rode it last year. :devil:

• nori41

Posted October 12, 2006 - 10:32 AM

Good on ya Yamaha. :thumbsdn: :devil: :thumbsdn:

• motomike1000

Posted October 12, 2006 - 12:50 PM

wasnt that shootout just joe oehlofs opinion?

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2006 - 01:14 PM

wasnt that shootout just joe oehlofs opinion?

...and does that make it more or less useless than the rest of them?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pokoj

Posted October 12, 2006 - 02:36 PM

The article was just one man's opinion! But I do have to agree with him on most of his findings. I had the opertunity to ride a new yzf 450 on a small supercross type track, and I also felt like Ive been riding it all year, and from the seat of my pants, I felt faster on it than my tweeked 06 kawi. Yami definatly has a very good bike.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Thats why they are the number one selling mx magazine.

HAHA, thats because of the POSTERS....DA

• adamdf

Posted January 18, 2007 - 03:27 PM

Sorry to dig up an old thread. About that KTM rating in this oelhof review, i agree with it. I rode one 2 weekends ago and it is a VERY nice bike, electric start works flawlessly and it feels light on the track too. I don't know anyone with the YZF450 so i couldn't ride one. I'm hoping by 08 that maybe i'll be the one in my group with the yzf, thats if orange doesn't convince me otherwise. In the meantime i'm still lovin my 06 yz250F, just ordered a WB aluminum pro for it so that will keep me happy for another year. Well just commenting on the KTM guys, take it easy.

• Jessthro

Posted January 18, 2007 - 05:14 PM

the tests are all over the place.

transworld and phil lawrence (racer X) gave the ktm the nod saying it was balanced with a great engine while MXA gave it last place saying it had a dissapointing motor and was out of whack.

but all agreed that the yami was a good bike.

what sold me was the test ride i took on the 07 yz450 at the dunes. i went and picked one up a week later.

• red7

Posted January 18, 2007 - 11:22 PM

Cool to see the Yami on top for once even if it's just one guys opinion.

• Mikeee P

Posted January 18, 2007 - 11:49 PM

I didn't know that. I thought for sure that MXA and Dirt Rider both smoked all the other mags out there... did you check circulation or just hear that somewhere?

Mike

• johntt4

Posted January 20, 2007 - 12:28 PM

I didn't know that. I thought for sure that MXA and Dirt Rider both smoked all the other mags out there... did you check circulation or just hear that somewhere?

Mike

Yeah, and Honda won both of their 07 450 shootouts.:lol:

• stock510

Posted January 21, 2007 - 09:04 PM

One of the Aussie magazines rated the Honda first, with the Yami a close second.

They said if they could have the KTM engine in either the Yami or Honda frame then it would be an unbeleivable package.

• johntt4

Posted January 23, 2007 - 03:50 PM

All the mags here in the USA say that the KTM has a high peak Hp at high rpm, but no low or midrange compared to the other 450's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.