Is this Noise Bad?

3 replies to this topic
  • TopGun4608

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:21 PM

Help! I have an 06 WR450 that I got mid season of last year. I just put on a new white brothers system on tonight... Sounds good and I will get on it tomorrow to feel the new performance but I was listen to the new pipe just now and it sounds good. When I engage the clouch it sounds good but when I release the clouch I get a little more noise from the block almost like a vibration in the engine... Is that normal? As you can tell I am new to the dirt bike industry but just curious if I should be worried about that...

• Alley Cat

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:45 PM

It is all normal. They are noisy engines.
For a bit of fun, have a listen to a KTM engine up close..... NOISY!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Audun

Posted October 12, 2006 - 12:30 AM

If the sound only occur when ur clutch is not engaged, and tends to dissapear when you engage the clutch its normal.. the sound will get worse as you clutch gets more worn out.. but its not a problem.. Ducati`s bike have dry clutch.. If you find one of those you can listen to the noise that clutch makes! Sounds like a washingmashine full of coins!

• Beejay

Posted October 12, 2006 - 06:54 PM

As the guys above say, don't worry about it, it's normal. When you put a decent skid plate on then you're going to hear even more noises.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.