might buy an 07

11 replies to this topic
  • hi everybody

Posted October 11, 2006 - 06:32 PM

and have a few questions...Im thinking of buying a new bike for 07, and rode my buddies 06 YZ450F, and LOVE the chassis/suspension/handling...but the engine felt kinda funny to me. not that it didnt have power...It just felt very bland to me...almost like a golf kart. I was wondering if anybody out there has or has tried to get more of a hit out of the powerband? like I said, I loved the handling on the thing, but just want a lil bit more aggressive power. also..what sag are you guys running? thanks!!!

• walent215

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:06 PM

what otd price have you got?there telling me 6799 for the white.cali is ridiculous with bike prices. :devil:

• hi everybody

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:18 PM

I havnt really looked at the yamahas in shops yet...although the tag at roseville yamaha said $7800...then the bastard tried to tell me the yosh rs-2 is a $1000 system...ridiculous is right!

• grayracer513

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Well, I'll tell you what about that bland power... my '06 runs side by side with my '03 on pavement until the kid puts it in 5th and goes away. It's an illusion to think thatg the bike is soft. The '03 is more of a thrill, but the '06 is far more usable and manageable. And faster in the dirt. Don't be fooled. Your butt dyno is wrong.

• hi everybody

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:25 PM

I understand that it has power...It has a ton in my opinion, All I was saying is that its delivered a little differently than Im used to, not that its "soft". And I was just wondering if there was a way to make it hit a little harder...maybe more of a "thrill" like the 03?

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:09 PM

Read this thread.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=419790

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2006 - 07:09 AM

The exhaust, especially the new, quieter one on the '07 takes away some of the bottom end and a little mid-range. The Dr.D full stainless pipe, as well as others, I'm sure, beefs up the low end without making it hard to manage or making it unreasonably loud.

• velosapiens

Posted October 12, 2006 - 08:07 AM

I understand that it has power...It has a ton in my opinion, All I was saying is that its delivered a little differently than Im used to, not that its "soft". And I was just wondering if there was a way to make it hit a little harder...maybe more of a "thrill" like the 03?

sure, if you figure out a way to take away some of the low-end power, it'll 'hit harder' and feel more aggressive and be slower. cool. not.

• mxracer206

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:47 PM

sure, if you figure out a way to take away some of the low-end power, it'll 'hit harder' and feel more aggressive and be slower. cool. not.

Our 07 was pulling top 3 starts all weekend on a tough uphill start and it was box stock not jetted. I almost hate to take the stock exhaust off, it is quiet but seems to work well. I think gearing will get you all the snap you need.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 12, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Your butt dyno is wrong.

LOL!! Now thats some funny sh$t :devil:

• tnl

Posted October 13, 2006 - 11:57 AM

Golf cart! Now that's funny :devil:

• TexN343

Posted October 13, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I know yamaha use a heavier flywheel weight change from 03 to 04 to take some of the snap out of it. So with that reasoning I'm guessing maybe you can find some way to use a lighter weight? Dunno if that's been done before.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.