whats the stock db's?

13 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted October 11, 2006 - 02:54 PM

ok heres the deal... i took my buddies stock 06 yz450 pipe and put it on my 99' wr400/426 whats the stock db's for the 06? and do you guys think it will be around the same with that pipe on my bike?

• redswr

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:07 PM

ok well i moved this into the WR forum instead of the YZ because they had no opionions. what do you guys think i'll be at with this set up?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 12, 2006 - 04:20 PM

did it bolt right up??? i wonder if it would fit an o6 wr

• Dano426

Posted October 13, 2006 - 05:40 AM

ok heres the deal... i took my buddies stock 06 yz450 pipe and put it on my 99' wr400/426 whats the stock db's for the 06? and do you guys think it will be around the same with that pipe on my bike?

I do not know the what the 06 YZFs test at but Dirt Rider Mag was stating that companies are chaning the timing at the 2000 rpm range get the bikes to pass the 96 DBs. So its the timing not the pipe on the 06 YZFs that are making the 96 dbs. I had a yz426 and it tested at 99.5 dbs with a repacked stock pipe and I guessing you will be in that range. An FMF Q that was repacked every three months was the only way my YZ426 will pass the 96 dbs. Let us know what you find.

Good Luck
Dan

• redswr

Posted October 13, 2006 - 07:20 AM

did it bolt right up??? i wonder if it would fit an o6 wr

i put the back bolt on and the middle bolt was about 4" off so it was rubbing on my rear brake resivour. the header is only about 1" into the exhuast and i can see a little smoke coming out between the junction (i'm gonna wrap it with the heat tape)

I do not know the what the 06 YZFs test at but Dirt Rider Mag was stating that companies are chaning the timing at the 2000 rpm range get the bikes to pass the 96 DBs. So its the timing not the pipe on the 06 YZFs that are making the 96 dbs. I had a yz426 and it tested at 99.5 dbs with a repacked stock pipe and I guessing you will be in that range. An FMF Q that was repacked every three months was the only way my YZ426 will pass the 96 dbs. Let us know what you find.

Good Luck
Dan

I need it to pass 101db so hopefull i won't have any problems.

Thanks,
Darrel

• Dano426

Posted October 13, 2006 - 07:48 AM

i put the back bolt on and the middle bolt was about 4" off so it was rubbing on my rear brake resivour. the header is only about 1" into the exhuast and i can see a little smoke coming out between the junction (i'm gonna wrap it with the heat tape)

I need it to pass 101db so hopefull i won't have any problems.

Thanks,
Darrel

If you need it to pass 101 db you should have no problem. If you can't get the 06 exhaust to fit, I have an 01YZ426 stock exhaust for sale. $55.00 and you pay shipping.
Dan

• redswr

Posted October 13, 2006 - 09:26 AM

If you need it to pass 101 db you should have no problem. If you can't get the 06 exhaust to fit, I have an 01YZ426 stock exhaust for sale. $55.00 and you pay shipping.
Dan

thanks, but this is the only race i'm planning on running so i don't want to spend to much $$$ i'm already looking at $150-$200 for sign ups and a new back tire so i think i'll okie rig a brace.

ps. its an hour long WORC's race at Oceano Dunes, Ca and all i'm hoping for is not to have a DNF next to my name

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted October 13, 2006 - 09:54 AM

Good luck on the race. I would be interested to know how you did.

Dan

• jayh300

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:02 AM

i have a 99 yz400f with a white bros' pipe, i am also a part time audio mixer dude and carry a db meter with me to all events i mix. I would say there is no way you would be over 101db. I will try to get a reading off mine this weekend, but that will prolly be to late for you.
jay

• redswr

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:08 AM

i have a 99 yz400f with a white bros' pipe, i am also a part time audio mixer dude and carry a db meter with me to all events i mix. I would say there is no way you would be over 101db. I will try to get a reading off mine this weekend, but that will prolly be to late for you.
jay

my white bros. E series pipe was 109db freshly packed

• jayh300

Posted October 13, 2006 - 10:16 AM

wow.... sure don't sound that loud..... I guess I need to stick the db meter on mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Seabass

Posted October 13, 2006 - 08:06 PM

wow.... sure don't sound that loud..... I guess I need to stick the db meter on mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your bike may have to be tested at a higher RPM. My '05 Wr has to be tested at 4500 rpm, which is ridiculous. I was running a Big Gun w/o the quiet insert and I blew a 109 at a national hare & hound. I'd imagine the stock YZ will pass 101 no problem, my stock pipe tests at 92-93 db's and I've never repacked it since I've owned it. Good luck with your race.

• redswr

Posted October 14, 2006 - 09:52 PM

thanks seabass, i just ordered me a FMF Q2 pipe w/powerbomb header (just found a paycheck from 2 months ago that i forgot to cash) so i don't have to worry about db's any more.

• jayh300

Posted October 24, 2006 - 06:04 PM

hey redswr..... boy do i need to appologize.. just started and ran my yz400f with the white bro's e....... 98db at idle and it will easily go past 110bd at about 4000. db's can be measured in A scale and C
scale. A scale db is higher than C scale. A scale is basically everything, c scale kinda takes out all low frequency. So if you were listening to music you could switch back and forth on the "scales" and on c scale it would drop 6-8db without changing the level of the music. C scale is what you here. A scale is what you would hear and feel.the thing is every 10db increase is twice as loud. so like speaking is 72db normally and 82db would be twice as loud as speaking. If you ever run in to a db issue, tell them to switch to c scale........it will save you a few db's

wow.....the little blue bike is loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.