wr stator and flywheel on yz 400

5 replies to this topic
  • slickrrr

Posted October 11, 2006 - 01:08 PM

anyone have any suggestions on finding a wr stator and flywheel, not having any luck, also will a stoator/flywheel off of a 2002 wr 426 work on a 1998 yz 400, I hear the later 426 stotor put out 130 watts and the older ones only put out 85 watts, either would for what I need but more power is always appreciated

• SFO

Posted October 11, 2006 - 03:27 PM

I ran a 98 yz400 motor in my '01 wr, with the wr ignition.
The crank end is the same, fwiw.

• Zique

Posted October 13, 2006 - 02:42 PM

I've heard they are different as well, but they are the same part number on the microfiche. :devil:

As for my experience, I actually just finished putting mine in today. However, my bike is a 426 and the stator and f/w came from a 400. I am having a problem because everyone talked about one additional yellow wire and mine has two. I'm trying to run w/o a battery so I don't know where to plug the other yellow wire. This may be a difference between 400 and 426 since (i don't think anyway) the WR426 ran a battery) and I am trying to find out what I need to do to mine. Hope you figure it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted October 13, 2006 - 03:07 PM

Wow, it seems everybody in this forum wants lights on their YZF this week.. soon time for a "sticky" Anyways, you can get a modified WR flywheel and stator for you bike here http://www.electrosp...sk_94246DK.html Scroll down a bit and its there...

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 14, 2006 - 06:59 AM

The 426 wr stator and flywheel works on the YZ400. I have one. YOu just need to do a mod to the stator to make it work with the yz's cdi. Something about floating the ground.

Ebay has stators from time to time. www.electrexusa.com can sell one to you already modified. Or you can get one thru Yamaha and modify it yourself using hte tech info on electrex's site under the tech info area.

The Wr400's put out about 75 watts. The 426's put out 130 watts. The 426 stator is definately he one you want.

• Zique

Posted October 16, 2006 - 12:53 PM

The 426 wr stator and flywheel works on the YZ400. I have one. YOu just need to do a mod to the stator to make it work with the yz's cdi. Something about floating the ground.

Yeah, you have to cut the pink wire and send it to ground. Not sure if I'm the one you want to talk to though, I can't get mine to work...DAH!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.