3 years on a stock BRP chain?

4 replies to this topic
  • Thunderbug

Posted October 10, 2006 - 08:19 PM

My 650R was bought slightly used in 02. I've been riding the hell out of it now almost everyday since than.

My question is, is the stock chain this O-ring marvel that I have had on it all this time?

Cause if it is, hats off to Honda :devil:

This is a long wearing, high quality chain!

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 10, 2006 - 09:21 PM

That or you really maintain your stuff????? Or just plain lucky???? I get about a years use on street bike o-ring chains althought I am hard on droppin the hammer!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thunderbug

Posted October 10, 2006 - 09:43 PM

Oh I keep it clean and take good care of my bike. But I've never had a chain perform like this one...

:-)

• snaggleXR650

Posted October 11, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Roger that. I used my OEM chain for several years. It's a DID VM chain. This is what my new chain is. An even better chain is the DID ERV 2 or 3. This is what the Honda Baja teams use.

• Thunderbug

Posted October 11, 2006 - 04:51 AM

DID VM, I'm going to remember that. Thats good quality.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.