2001 Xr650

15 replies to this topic
  • daddyk

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Saw this on ebay Looks almost to good to be true.Could be good for anyone around Rhode Island.Item 320036354562 on ebay

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:41 AM

Wow.

I say again, "Wow".

If I get any more bikes, the wife says I'll be sleeping "with them", otherwise...

• PIP RC51

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Saw this on ebay Looks almost to good to be true.Could be good for anyone around Rhode Island.Item 320036354562 on ebay

Saw what????? Link please.

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:17 AM

You needed to cut-n-paste his eBay item number above...

Here:

• texsurfer

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:46 AM

looking at the wear on the clutch cover, it looks like it was ridden quite a bit and they exchanged some plastics on it to keep it looking fresh. or maybe they kept the originals and raced it with aftermarkets? if you're going to decieve someone into thinking hte bike is low hours/use, buying a $75 clutch cover would seal the deal for a lot of people.

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:09 AM

Being that there is a # plate on, I wonder if it was motox'ed a lot?

I sent the guy an email asking a few questions.

Don't know about you guys but for me, I'd rather have the stock forks on.

I'm also curious if the guy has any info on how everything is sprung and valved. That 1500 suspension may be just perfect for some and a total waste or a step back wards for his weight, speed and type of riding.

Does the rear fender looked cocked or is that just the angle of the picture?

Freakin Hondas.............for years I noticed that a lot of models come thru brand new with a rear fender off to one side or another, so it makes it tough to decider if one has a slightly tweaked subframe or the fender is just tweaked a bit :devil:

• adam574

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:18 AM

just to give you guys an idea i have an hour meter on my bike and it is at jsut about 31 hours and my clutch cover has about 1/3 of that wear. just food for thought i have seen some people rub the covers bare really quick while others don't. and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:26 AM

just to give you guys an idea i have an hour meter on my bike and it is at jsut about 31 hours and my clutch cover has about 1/3 of that wear. just food for thought i have seen some people rub the covers bare really quick while others don't. and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

Good food for thought .......... :devil:

Also it does not have a a certificate of origin, so can't that turn in to a big hassle to get another? Don't you have to backtrack to the original owner or the 2nd guy to get one then? :thumbsdn: Seems like a pain, maybe not??

If the guy gives you the serial #, is it possible to trace it thru the dealer or state so you know it is not stolen before the ebay sale is over with?

:thumbsdn: I think I'd rather pay more and have a perfect bike with no hassles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PIP RC51

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:31 AM

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:34 AM

Here:

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 09:35 AM

You needed to cut-n-paste his eBay item number above...

Here:

Click on above .

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 11, 2006 - 10:36 AM

...and if you ride in the mud alot that will make it happen alot quicker

The bike is for sale in Rhode Island. I am guessing they probably have a lot of mud there... my two cents.

Like I posted earlier, if I didn't already have four bikes in the garage I would have clicked "Buy It Now" about 20 minutes after I saw it.

$2k. Holy guano, Batman. You could part the freaking bike for more than that.

• InternalCombustion

Posted October 11, 2006 - 10:43 AM

if you're going to decieve someone into thinking hte bike is low hours/use, buying a $75 clutch cover would seal the deal for a lot of people.

True, but this guy has a 97.5% feedback rating on 90 transactions. He doesn't appear to be the deceiver type... imho.

[I am not picking on you, texsurfer, just thinking out loud :devil: ]

• PIP RC51

Posted October 11, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Sorry... I thought about that # the second time I read it. (at work and speed reading the post)

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 05:28 PM

The guy weighs 150lbs and he says it feels great to him so that means for anyone that is say out of the 140-160 range the thing should probably be resprung and revalved so your slapping around 4-500 just to get the suspension in the ballpark again. Maybe a bit less but probably more although it could be less but then again I'd say most definitly more but ................

• Max Power

Posted October 11, 2006 - 06:31 PM

Looks almost to good to be true.

Hmmmm........

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.