Tweeked Plastics?

6 replies to this topic
  • Pbguy16

Posted October 10, 2006 - 09:04 AM

I just ordered a new set of ltd edition yellow plastics from Acerbis and the front fender is kinda tweeked and i am really anal about stuff like that. is there any way to get it to go straight? Mabe a hair drier to add heat???
any suggestions would be great. thanks..

06 yz 450

• Yama4Stroker

Posted October 10, 2006 - 10:13 AM

I have used fender washers from the local hardware store and used them as shims between the fender and lower triple clamp. Don't put them on all four bolts, just the one or two that will make the fender tweek the back the correct way. I'm sorta anal about that kind of stuff as well, plus I like my fender pointing to where I'm headed.

• slammmin72

Posted October 10, 2006 - 04:32 PM

heat gun or a microwave (it would have to be a pretty freaking big microwave though... :devil: ) or just send it back and have them send u a new one....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted October 11, 2006 - 06:14 AM

Put a towel on it so it doesn't scratch the fender and lean it against a wall.

• KTM250rm

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:25 AM

My new front fender can tweeked too, was sorta pissed for being brand new. I did what yamahacrazy did, but I put some blocks between the tire and bottom fender and tweeked it more the opposite direction and heated it up and let it sit overnight.

• DPW

Posted October 11, 2006 - 07:39 AM

every aftermarket fender I have ever bought has been tweaked a bit..

• Ga426owner

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:02 AM

every aftermarket fender I have ever bought has been tweaked a bit..

agreed - this absolutely drives me crazy too.....try a heat gun!

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.