Difference between exhausts??

3 replies to this topic
  • emtrvt

Posted October 09, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Looking at buying a new pipe. Have it narrowed down to the FMF titanium Q and the fmf titanium powercore. Can't really see the difference between the two outside of cost and noise level. I do mostly trail and desert riding have done all the free/cheap mods to my 2006 WR450F. Which pipe would be the best for me. Thanks

• clark4131

Posted October 09, 2006 - 09:26 PM

The Powercore is a more free-flowing exhaust than the Q. I had a Q2, which is essentially the Ti Q, but made from aluminum, according to FMF. I went to the Ti Powercore and the difference was very noticeable. Better response throughout the rev range, though much louder...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pjriss

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:30 AM

The Powercore is a more free-flowing exhaust than the Q. I had a Q2, which is essentially the Ti Q, but made from aluminum, according to FMF. I went to the Ti Powercore and the difference was very noticeable. Better response throughout the rev range, though much louder...SC

Just curious, did your Q2 have a turbine type spark arrestor?

• mtrablue

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:08 PM

yes, the Q2 uses the turbine style spark arrestor.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.