which chest protector for 6'2" 230lbs

11 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted January 14, 2001 - 08:16 AM

which CP works good with free motion..

• Bill

Posted January 15, 2001 - 03:20 AM

At 5"11" and a 46" chest. I use the Fox Team Yamaha protector and it works fine. This is the first chest protector I've owned and it was a little difficult to look back, but now I don't notice it. Now I can see Mike68 just fine.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Buck

Posted January 15, 2001 - 08:07 AM

Oneal Matrix has worked great for me. I am 6' 5" and I tip the scales at about 265 with gear. I have used this chest protector for the past two years and I just bought a new one. Check out Oneal.com

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 15, 2001 - 09:39 AM

Hi fred, I hate to do any soliciting on here but I used to wear I Acerbis Zoom Plus and I quit wearing it because it was actually made for a bigger person than me. If you want to save some bucks, make me an offer and I would love to get it out of the garage. Free Shipping. Its purple/black (mostly black). If you want pics Ill borrow a digital camera and send you some. If your intrested look in my profile and e-mail me or leave a message here and I will respond quickly. thanks, Darin

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

• Clark_Mason

Posted January 15, 2001 - 05:28 PM

I'm 5' 10" and a sturdy 225lbs. I tried on a lot of chest protectors and only the Oneal Matrix fit me without binding, pinching or cutting me during motion. The Acherbis Zoom plus was also in the running. I bought the Oneal Matrix in white and have been vary satisfied with the fit during riding.

All other chest protectors were just too small to allow good range of motion with out discomfort.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 15, 2001 - 09:07 PM

I'm also in the market for new chest protection and would like to know if you guys wear your armour with a camel-back over the top and still find it comfortable to wear?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted January 16, 2001 - 03:05 AM

I have worn a camelback over the top of my chest protector and there was no problem. I've also noticed that some guys, strap the camelback directly to the chest protector.

• fred

Posted January 16, 2001 - 06:05 AM

I got the zoom plus right now and when I go into short dips it comes up and hits my throat, and have trouble turning head freely.

• Joel

Posted January 17, 2001 - 12:43 PM

Originally posted by fred:

I'm 6'-4" and 235. I currently use the Acerbis Zoom Plus and have no problems with fit or flexibility.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted January 17, 2001 - 03:05 PM

I'm 6'4" 240 and have a Thor "Aftershock". It fits well on me. I do wear a Camelback M.U.L.E. with it most of the time and it works/feels fine.

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited 01-17-2001).]

• Rod

Posted January 27, 2001 - 06:02 PM

Originally posted by fred:

M.S.R. offers a larger chest protector that is probably cheaper than the Acerbis. The "Rage" XL.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 27, 2001 - 06:26 PM

One thing I would recommend. If you are as fasionable as I, trying to get the "Chicks" attention, get a clear chest protector. Your jersey looks better through it. I ride without a jersey as my 40 inch biceps are really hard to cover up, those and my gi-hugic pecs :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.