xr600r 85 model twin carb problem

4 replies to this topic
  • toby1978

Posted October 09, 2006 - 12:04 PM

high wounder if anyone can help just picked up an xr600r 1985 model needs some attention but the twin carbs have been taken off to clean before it was stored now i've got it but my manual does'nt show twin carbs can anyone help with diagrams of how the link system between the two of them works as have built the carb's but cant work that bit out :thumbsdn: also could someone explain how the twin system works :devil:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:24 PM

The linkage is progressive. The left carb opens about a third before the right one opens. Then they both go WOT at the same time. There is a black plastic link between the two carbs that connectes the throttle linkages. That little piece is 45 bucks. If your missing it, youve gotta buy it. Although I made one out of heavy wire, because I wasnt going to drop that much dough on a bike I got for free (83 XR500).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toby1978

Posted October 10, 2006 - 12:21 PM

thanks for this info im not missing it but cant seem to get it to fit as arm on right carb seems to have 360 radius and one link point for black plastic and a hole with a brass fitting a few milimeters away sorry if im apearing stupid but it is not making sense i fit with arm (of right carb) pointing one way it opens (right) carb fully i move it and fit it the other and (right) carb open only a few milimeters any ideas :devil:

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted October 10, 2006 - 01:23 PM

Letmee see if I can find an exploded view....

here you go. Go here, scroll down, fill in info for the 1985 XR600R and click on carburator. You'll see the exploded factory parts fische. If you cna't find it Ill send you a copy via email.

• toby1978

Posted October 11, 2006 - 10:42 AM

thanks a million got the link and found the exploded picture thanks again

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.