Throttle cable adjustment.

2 replies to this topic
  • Grifter1shot

Posted October 08, 2006 - 11:05 PM

I've got a 99 wr400 and what i want to know is what is the easiest way to adj those blasted twin throttle cables. everytime i try i get it wrong. Any help would be nice.

Thanks,

Grifter1shot

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJHayesIII

Posted October 09, 2006 - 11:28 AM

I've always done it by trial-and-error...start out where both cables are taut...I believe the goal is to get equal tension on both the pull and return...it should be easy to twist, and come back without any hesitation...

It's best to take a picture or mark it before you remove them (hindsight is 20/20...)

• tshe1

Posted October 09, 2006 - 11:40 AM

tight first the one that twist the throttle until their is no free-play at the throttle, then loosen it a little until having free-play (according to the manual), after done with that adjust the return to balance with the pulling.
like it was said before: trial-and-error.
you can adjust by the manual.
good luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.