Tweaked front end on this XR-L ??

15 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted October 08, 2006 - 07:43 PM

I wrote to this guy asking if the front end is tweaked and he insists not, it sure looks it to me. Also, since the headlight shroud is missing I'd guess someone hit a tree or another bike or whatever with it.

Look the same way to you?

http://i6.ebayimg.co.../95/ed/a4_3.JPG

• Mudshark

Posted October 08, 2006 - 08:14 PM

yup that aint straight. just tweak it back. I don't think it looks bent.
Just the tops rotated in the triple clamps.

• motomonte

Posted October 09, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Doesn't looks like it hit the ground,there's no scratches in the shrouds,side panels front fender,handguards,blinkers...(that's how it looks when u hit the ground,been there)however take a good look at the bars.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:13 PM

It's one of them Nascar racing pigs, always turning left, steer straight piggy goes left. Look at it this way, you could never get lost!!!!
That would be unridable, tweaked in the clamps big time!!!
:thumbsdn: :cry: :excuseme: :devil: :cry: :cry: :thumbsdn:

• justicedone

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:27 PM

Its common on a good endo into a ditch (Remember Josh) lol...
that your fork tubes will turn and twist in the tripple trees, you just gotta loosen them, straighten everything, then tighten all the bolts back down.

btw... that was me leading the run that day Josh...lol, so my bad..:thumbsdn: but I did stop at the top of the hill and try to wave you away from the wicked concrete drainage ditch (which one the battle)..and I gave you my stock light setup after you snapped yours off like a twig.

Those were some fun rides.. :devil:

• Huffa 2

Posted October 10, 2006 - 04:01 AM

Its common on a good endo into a ditch (Remember Josh) lol...
that your fork tubes will turn and twist in the tripple trees, you just gotta loosen them, straighten everything, then tighten all the bolts back down.

Being a nice guy (I thought any way) I told the seller that to help his sale a bit. :devil: Ya think I'd get a Thank You, NOPE!

Most likely I pissed him off for trying to help .

The winner will be in for a nice surprise when he drives it down the road, I'm sure he will notice it immeadiatly and most likely before he even drives it.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 10, 2006 - 04:12 AM

report it to ebay, as item not as described, seller will have to make it right!

• Huffa 2

Posted October 10, 2006 - 04:32 AM

report it to ebay, as item not as described, seller will have to make it right!

:devil: Is that something I should be sticking my nose in since I am not bidding on it? I feel sorry for the winner and can't contact them because all the bidders are kept private, which is pretty rare also, from what I have seen.

I don't see how anyone can't see that the front end is like that :thumbsdn:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • focallength

Posted October 10, 2006 - 02:09 PM

If it was me and I didnt feel right about it, I wouldnt buy it. Let it be someone elses headache. Theres plenty of good deals out there. It could be okay but why chance it.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:41 PM

Huffa if the guy was a jerk about it, and the bike obviously is not "right" report it, who knows someone may be putting their life savings up for it, $176,100.
whats the ebay listing number? I think all that agree that the bikes not "right" should report it to ebay.
Oh, the seller of the high dollar R model must have p____d someone off royally, just the listing fees on that would be at least $30. And the final value fee that ebay will put on the sellers account when the auction ends would be almost $9000, that will stay on his account until it is all resolved 8- 20 days.

• Huffa 2

Posted October 10, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Huffa if the guy was a jerk about it, and the bike obviously is not "right" report it, who knows someone may be putting their life savings up for it, $176,100.
whats the ebay listing number? I think all that agree that the bikes not "right" should report it to ebay.
Oh, the seller of the high dollar R model must have p____d someone off royally, just the listing fees on that would be at least $30. And the final value fee that ebay will put on the sellers account when the auction ends would be almost $9000, that will stay on his account until it is all resolved 8- 20 days.

Here it is here, maybe if a few more email him about it, that might change his tune about fixing it. I would have thought by now he would have deleted that picture and fixed the front end :devil:

I just noticed the shifter is pretty tweaked too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

How would I go about reporting it, what do I click on?

Well I did write back to them and said I will wait a few days and see if they update the pic with a back to normal front end.

I noticed he said "This bike runs and rides good," doesn't say anything about steers good though. :thumbsdn:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 10, 2006 - 07:16 PM

Huffa if you scroll down to the bottom of the listing page you will see a link that says report this item, click on that then you should be able to click on item different or not as described, fraud type thing. There are some deals on ebay and then there are some rip offs and if you are willing to beleive what people tell you, get ready to bend over. I am gonna look at your latest link too.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 10, 2006 - 07:31 PM

Huffa this guy is a scammer the bikes been wrecked, dent in gas tank left side, missing tool bag missing headlight shroud missing mirror, bald front tire new rear, how you tweak the shifter that bad without dropping it or beating on it with a hammer, oh check out the header has been painted recently used a different color on heat shield and there is overspray. SCAMMER. I reported it as a fraudulent advertisement, he is saying its in perfect condition other than scuffs from the trail. IT IS NOT.

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 02:13 AM

Huffa this guy is a scammer the bikes been wrecked, dent in gas tank left side, missing tool bag missing headlight shroud missing mirror, bald front tire new rear, how you tweak the shifter that bad without dropping it or beating on it with a hammer, oh check out the header has been painted recently used a different color on heat shield and there is overspray. SCAMMER. I reported it as a fraudulent advertisement, he is saying its in perfect condition other than scuffs from the trail. IT IS NOT.

Man, I didn't even notice all that, although I think that is a glare on the tank and not a dent but that's besides the issue at hand, THANKS for the report RV, he deserves it and the guy just emailed me (below) back, what an attitude he has :devil:

Your right though, it definitly looks like it went thru the ole 1/2 fast 20 minute spruce up job to get it out on the lot. I give him credit for at least putting a new rear tire on but that's about it.

I have over 80 machines to keep track of. Get a job, I could care less what you report.

Hey, I have a good idea, hire me so this won't happen again. 80,180, 280 bikes.............what ever, no excuse. I was nice and thought I'd help, the right thing to say the 1st time would have been, Thank You Very much and I'll attend to it.

I'll be sure and spread the word of the attitude that you have when someone simply tries to help. Just so happens I am in the market for one like that, it's not like I surf ebay to find ones that I can find fault with and hassle the seller.

• nxridge

Posted October 11, 2006 - 03:25 AM

i softly laid my on its side after getting caught in a rut and tweaked my forks like that.

5 min. fix to straighten it all out , although it was an interesting ride home :devil:

• Huffa 2

Posted October 11, 2006 - 03:29 AM

i softly laid my on its side after getting caught in a rut and tweaked my forks like that.

5 min. fix to straighten it all out , although it was an interesting ride home :devil:

Yea, I bet it was :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.