06 650L Oil Burn?

3 replies to this topic
  • tsatchel

Posted October 08, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Hello all,
I bought my 06 650L new and change the oil every 1000 miles, followed the breakin procedure to the tee, changed oil at 300 and adjusted valves at 2000. It has 5600 miles on it now mostly at Hwy cruising speeds with some ripping in between. Is it normal to lose a little over half a quart of the 2 quarts I normally put in every 1000 miles or is something wrong?
Any feed back apreciated.
Tom

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted October 08, 2006 - 08:42 PM

I beleive the engine is a loose-tolerance one, at least in today's standards, and as such, they do use oil under normal conditions.

Others on the board might be able to post their consumption experience (mine onlyu has ~700 miles on it)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boy named sue

Posted October 09, 2006 - 02:30 AM

Mine may drop an oz between changes every 1500K and it;s got 10,000 on it now.

• ghoti

Posted October 09, 2006 - 04:49 AM

They're very sensitive to the oil check procedure. You may get different levels based on how how the engine is, how long after shut down that it's checked, which cheek your tongue is in and the phase of the moon.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.