Oil Liner Bolt Stripped?

No replies to this topic
  • Toothmech

Posted October 08, 2006 - 06:29 PM

After performing an oil change on my '03, I reinstalled all the oil plugs and the oil line that is attached to the screen in the frame tank. After buttoning everything back up, I had some oil leaks. Most were from improperly torqued drain bolts, but I still have a leak with the oil line bolt (into the case on the right side of the bike). When I try to torque it down to 7.2 lbs, the bolt just seems like it keeps turning. It hasn't completely stripped, but I think the last guy who owned it might have overtorqued it at one time, and I am just now finding it. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to correct it, Helicoil? Just looking for input. Thanks!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.