Quick question about xr650r steering stem

1 reply to this topic
  • Naru

Posted October 08, 2006 - 01:28 PM

Here's a quickie: I lost my steering stem from my 'R' (don't ask, wife went garage cleaning mad), and need to buy another. Just noticed RG3 sells a machined billet aluminum one that fits all Honda; does anyone know what the stock unit was made out of and if it was billet or cast, etc? It's been awhile since I've seen one, and usually I like to keep with stock, but the RG3 unit might be a bit nicer for less money. Thanks! :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted October 09, 2006 - 07:33 PM

Be careful with the statement from RG3 that it "fits all Hondas." Most aftermarket companies, and especially ones that specialize in stuff for the motocross crowd don't even acknowledge the XR650R as a bike. The 650R uses the same lower bearing as all of the recent CR/CRF motocrossers, but it has a smaller upper bearing. A "universal" steering stem may not work. A CR500 has identical steering stem bearings to the 650R, so it should fit. I only wonder about the length of this stem. I have a complete triple clamp assembly for a CR500 (stem and clamp) coming to put on my 650 (USD forks). I am using Yamaha clamps, but I just want the Honda parts, and no one in the aftermarket is making lower clamps for CR500's anymore. I should have the parts on by the middle of next week. If it is the same, I'll have a spare stem that I could sell you! :devil:

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.