2007 WR's???

41 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted October 25, 2006 - 06:36 PM

Personally I'd wait six months after the '07 is realeased before even considering buying it. Wait until the mags and TTers get their hands on them and see what they say. It'll also take awhile for the aftermarket to get parts out for them. And you'll be able to work out a better deal.

The last thing you should worry about is the resale value or if the steel frame models will be less desirable in three years. My bikes are clapped out when I sell them and I figure whatever I get for 'em will go towards all the bling I'll put on a new bike.

There are still a bunch of desert rats that swear by the KX 500, and assuredly there will be fans of the steel framed WR's after '07.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 26, 2006 - 02:59 AM

Personally I'd wait six months after the '07 is realeased before even considering buying it. Wait until the mags and TTers get their hands on them and see what they say. It'll also take awhile for the aftermarket to get parts out for them. And you'll be able to work out a better deal.

The last thing you should worry about is the resale value or if the steel frame models will be less desirable in three years. My bikes are clapped out when I sell them and I figure whatever I get for 'em will go towards all the bling I'll put on a new bike.

There are still a bunch of desert rats that swear by the KX 500, and assuredly there will be fans of the steel framed WR's after '07.

But what is the going rate for a kx500 these days? You can get one for a cup of coffee.

I do agree with not losing money just for the sake of upgrading though. If the wr you have is a great bike today, then it will be a great bike tomorrow if you take care of it.

On the other hand, if you find that the current wr is too big, heavy, etc... then upgrading to another wr wouldn't make any sense.

For those that have money just burning a hole in their pocket, go ahead and buy the new wr. My next bike will be plated since the only riding area that will be open in the future is the asphalt between the dmv and my house.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.