2007 WR's???

41 replies to this topic
  • illTTR

Posted October 09, 2006 - 06:17 PM

what are you waiting for - an invitation ? ... go and haggle !!

lol.. An invitation; exactly. :devil:

Couldn't haggle today as it's a holiday. Haggling will commence tomorrow.

• pkcof

Posted October 09, 2006 - 11:06 PM

glad to hear it ..... let us know of the outcome (although the '07 models do look awesome)

• illTTR

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:26 AM

After a bit of haggling.. he's not budging and the boss man is out of town on vacation...

Seems to me the best I'll get on this bike is invoice.. whatever that may be I'll just have to "trust him"...

So as I scroll through TT, I beg the question... how bad do I want an '07 in White/Silver livery? I'm a sucker for white. But, with the '06 saving me over $1400... and the unknown delivery of the '07.. sigh.

It'll be covered in mud anyway.. haha.. :devil:

• boer

Posted October 11, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Get the '06 and spend the rest of the money on mods (pipe, bars, pegs, guards etc etc) :devil:

My 0.02 worth :thumbsdn:

• clark4131

Posted October 11, 2006 - 10:34 AM

The white/silver only comes on the YZ, not the WR...SC

• illTTR

Posted October 11, 2006 - 10:48 AM

The white/silver only comes on the YZ, not the WR...SC

Are you sure? The literature says otherwise. FWIW, it's states all '07 models have the white/silver option.

• clark4131

Posted October 11, 2006 - 11:41 AM

Not according to the Yamaha website. The special edition applies only to the YZ. Just like in '06 with the 50th Anniversary yellow. What literature do you have?...SC

• Gnitti

Posted October 11, 2006 - 12:39 PM

i like the 07 just cause of the rear fender, the light is underneath instead of that HUGE light they have on top on the earlier models :thumbsdn: :devil:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 11, 2006 - 03:35 PM

i like the 07 just cause of the rear fender, the light is underneath instead of that HUGE light they have on top on the earlier models :thumbsdn: :devil:

That light really is cool. Did they retain the same sub-frame? If so, then the new fender should fit the older bikes (if you consider an 05/06 old)

• illTTR

Posted October 11, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Not according to the Yamaha website. The special edition applies only to the YZ. Just like in '06 with the 50th Anniversary yellow. What literature do you have?...SC

It was the '07 Yamaha Off Road/MX brochure. In the specs, it lists the color choice as blue/white & white/silver.

When I was at the dealer today I looked through the dealer/sales binder for the '07 models. Sure enough, only blue; no white. Must be a misprint... dunno. :devil:

No matter, I picked up a blue/white '06 today anyway.

:thumbsdn:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcorni

Posted October 11, 2006 - 06:31 PM

I bought an 06 for 5920.00 otd. With the saving I purchased items that I needed. skid plate,3.3 gallon fuel tank,steering damper,bars,heavy duty tubes,rad guard,hand guards,and a few other things.If you are buying an 07 to look cool than so be it,but if you are going to really ride the bike you are going to have to have these things so you are looking at another $1500.00 give or take. I realize the 07 bike is a little lighter, but a couple of weeks ago down riding on the beach in Mexico at 90 + mph I figure that was fast enough for me. :devil:

• Looks450

Posted October 20, 2006 - 04:59 PM

That light really is cool. Did they retain the same sub-frame? If so, then the new fender should fit the older bikes (if you consider an 05/06 old)

The new rear fender won't fit older models. There has been some big changes in regards to the reseviour and where the electrics are kept, The 07 YZF guard wont fit it either.

Cheers
Looks

• tdub88

Posted October 20, 2006 - 07:49 PM

I got my '06 for $5700 OTD. The dealer had already done the AIS, grey wire and snorkle mods. They said they won't let them go out the door stock because they always come back.

I don't feel slighted in the least w/ the '06. The thing has TONS of power. So what if the frame weighs 2.3 lbs less.

• huntmaster

Posted October 21, 2006 - 05:58 AM

If you are buying an 07 to look cool than so be it,but if you are going to really ride the bike you are going to have to have these things so you are looking at another $1500.00 give or take. I realize the 07 bike is a little lighter, but a couple of weeks ago down riding on the beach in Mexico at 90 + mph I figure that was fast enough for me.

If you like the 06 and want to save a lot of money "right now" it's a good way to go. But hold onto it because for years to come now WR's are going to be divided into pre-07 perimeter bikes and "current" ones as far as desirability goes...just as with the e-start introduction a few years back. Count on it....particulary so if the new frame transforms the bike as much as it did the YZ! Don't confuse a couple pounds on the stat sheet with how light the bike will feel. The 2005 WR update proves that...with the earlier ones (I had one) compared more often to other 650's then 450's. If you want the 07... not to "look cool" but because it's a tricker, better performing bike, then buy one and don't be kicking yourself after. The dollars you save now could well be countered by the dollars it costs you to sell or trade an 06 (vs 07) two or three years from now!

• clark4131

Posted October 21, 2006 - 06:13 AM

The dollars you save now could well be countered by the dollars it costs you to sell or trade an 06 (vs 07) two or three years from now!

Here we go again :devil:. Deja vu...SC

• Triumphs

Posted October 21, 2006 - 06:34 AM

If you want the 07... not to "look cool" but because it's a tricker, better performing bike, then buy one and don't be kicking yourself after.

Yep. This debate will be a moot point before long, but it's becoming clear that the 07 is a huge update and a major watershed in the WR's development..perhaps more so then even the e-start/450 intro. Having followed various "07" threads the last few months...enthusiam seems to be divided between late model WR owners who are a bit defensive towards the new bike (and perhaps trying to justify keeping the old design) and older WR riders like myself who have been waiting for a truly significant update in looks, performance and general "trickness" as noted earlier.

Ultimately....buy the biike you want and spend what you want, but for those of us who have been around for a while, I agree....an 06 for sale in a few years time is not going to be distinguished that much from an 03. We've seen this before. The 07 is the all new WR I've been waiting for and I'm going for it. It not only looks tons better, but as noted elsewhere...if transformed as much as the YZ was by the new frame it will be truly awesome. I can't wait!

• shelden

Posted October 21, 2006 - 04:19 PM

as anyone ever heard of procycle in springfield MO? check out their website.
i got an 06 WR450f, brand new, for $4800 OTD a few months ago. their list price on the web was $4400, but they have $400 of hidden fees and set-up charges they tack on to that price.
the salesman said that people fly in from all over the US to take advantage of their pricing and ride/trailer their bikes home.
they dont have any 06 models left, but you can usually knock $1500 to $2500 off of the MSRP just before the new models are released.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 21, 2006 - 05:17 PM

...This debate will be a moot point before long, but it's becoming clear that the 07 is a huge update and a major watershed in the WR's development..perhaps more so then even the e-start/450 intro. ...

The 07 is the all new WR I've been waiting for and I'm going for it. It not only looks tons better, but as noted elsewhere...if transformed as much as the YZ was by the new frame it will be truly awesome. I can't wait!

I have an 05. Its great in every single way except one.... weight. It is very heavy after a while, particularly when riding in an enduro.

Going up hills is almost too easy on the bike. Its plush and has more torque in second gear than most of us will ever fully utilize. But... there is a part of me that secretly (well not any more) scans the KTM 2 stroke forum and reads all the praises the "former" wr450 riders bestow upon the ktm300 smoker. Almost the same torque, significantly less weight.

If the weight characteristic changes significantly then I will consider it. However, I'm in Kalifornia, so I have got to be able to legally plate it.

Less weight and a plate, then I'm all over the new model, I won't care what it costs.

• Triumphs

Posted October 25, 2006 - 11:57 AM

But... there is a part of me that secretly (well not any more) scans the KTM 2 stroke forum and reads all the praises the "former" wr450 riders bestow upon the ktm300 smoker.

Let's hope the new WR450 might even generate a few "former KTM riders" as has been hinted!

• Chasejj

Posted October 25, 2006 - 04:07 PM

Let's hope the new WR450 might even generate a few "former KTM riders" as has been hinted!

I am already one of those former KTM riders.Bought a 450WR and it should here in November.:mad:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.