WR450F 2005 Acerbis 6.6 fuel tank

14 replies to this topic
  • mattfree99

Posted October 08, 2006 - 12:32 PM

Has anyone been able to fit the WR450f 2005 gas tank on a 2003 WR450f.
I need a large gas tank and it seems only a 3.3 is the largest available for the 2003.

Any help here.

TIA Matt

• crooks420

Posted October 08, 2006 - 10:17 PM

Check these guys out:
http://www.sporttour...ne_safari2.html

Yamaha WR250 & WR450

Litres: 15.5
Colours: Blue or Translucent
Fits: All 2003-on WR250s & 450s
Includes: Fuel cap with breather hose
Price: $349

Jesse

• ARin

Posted October 08, 2006 - 11:32 PM

yes it fits, and i happen to have one for sale if you are interested.
arinvolvo@yahoo.com

Posted Image

• Alley Cat

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:25 AM

arinvolvo@yahoo.com

Posted Image

Weren't you complaining about the ergo's?

• mattfree99

Posted October 09, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Thanks the search engine was down Sunday. I did find that it does fit.
Just need to make sure it would other wise I was going to get a nice WR426F.

That 15.5 looks exactly what I am looking for.
To bad it is a little spendee.

Thank you for the link.
Matt

• ARin

Posted October 09, 2006 - 04:47 PM

Weren't you complaining about the ergo's?

yes i was. long legs and that tank dont mix.

however, many people have been using it, along with kneepads, and like it just fine.

• boer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 08:52 PM

arinvolvo@yahoo.com

Posted Image

Arin, I like that tank :thumbsdn: Looooooong range

Will most radiator guards/braces still fit with one of these big tanks? I want to get a bigger tank but am concerned about the rad guards/braces not fitting anymore. I am running the B&B aluminum guards from "down under" on my 06WR450

see link, (http://www.bbaluminium.com/yamaha6.htm)

How much space is there between the back of the rad and the tank? Anybody have experience with a big tank and rad guards not fitting :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted October 09, 2006 - 10:39 PM

well, as for side to side forces, the tank itself would realy work as a radiator guard. it is very torsionally stiff, as the "shrouds" of the tank are also fuel resevoirs, and very thick.

but i have no idea of the clearances, or whether braces would fit under it.

• NavyNuke

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:49 AM

I have devol braces under the IMS 3.1 gallon tank on my 06 WR. fits a bit tight, but not terrrible.

• chrispy1202

Posted October 12, 2006 - 07:17 AM

I have the 6.6 Gal. tank and have the rad guards still on it, but had to remove the braces because they will rub on the back side of the shroud part of the tank. I am 5'10" and don't have too much of an issue with leg/knee room. I am going to have some guards fabricated (1/8" aluminium) for the front edges of the tank due to some occasional cartwheels on the trail. This seems to be the only part of the tank that hits the ground.
Cheers
Chris.

• J_DOGG

Posted October 12, 2006 - 08:57 AM

I have devol braces under the IMS 3.1 gallon tank on my 06 WR. fits a bit tight, but not terrrible.

Do you need to use the YZ shrouds with this tank or will the WR stuff mount right up?

When I pump in the part number the detail page with the price says
Tank YZF even though the part number I used was for the WR modle.
0701-0155

• mattfree99

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:02 AM

Check these guys out:
http://www.sporttour...ne_safari2.html

Yamaha WR250 & WR450

Litres: 15.5
Colours: Blue or Translucent
Fits: All 2003-on WR250s & 450s
Includes: Fuel cap with breather hose
Price: $349

Jesse

If I decide I really need the 6.6 gallons I will buy it also.
In the mean time I will be running one of the tanks from down under.
4.1 gallons white had my heart set on the blue but they had know idea how long to clear customs for the blue tanks.

Matt:ride:

• pops 56

Posted October 21, 2006 - 08:30 PM

If I decide I really need the 6.6 gallons I will buy it also.
In the mean time I will be running one of the tanks from down under.
4.1 gallons white had my heart set on the blue but they had know idea how long to clear customs for the blue tanks.

Matt:ride:

I have been using a acerbis 16 ltr with YZ shrouds for the last 12 months the best i have got on my wr 450 was 180 km Bone dry i had to push the bike 40 feet to my home .I orderd and payed for a acerbis 25 ltr from www.justgastanks.com in the USA on the 13-6-06 still waiting :devil: They seem to be a OK company, have kept me well informed they are still waiting for the tanks to come to them then send it on to me. You will notice a big differance in handling from full to half full. Most times if i am just going to have a play near by i only fill half way.Posted Image

• mattfree99

Posted October 22, 2006 - 06:18 AM

I have been using a acerbis 16 ltr with YZ shrouds for the last 12 months the best i have got on my wr 450 was 180 km Bone dry i had to push the bike 40 feet to my home .I orderd and payed for a acerbis 25 ltr from www.justgastanks.com in the USA on the 13-6-06 still waiting :mad: They seem to be a OK company, have kept me well informed they are still waiting for the tanks to come to them then send it on to me. You will notice a big differance in handling from full to half full. Most times if i am just going to have a play near by i only fill half way.Posted Image

Thanks

As far as I know Arecbis makes a 12.5 not a 16 liter because if they did I would have just bought that instead.

• pops 56

Posted October 22, 2006 - 11:42 PM

Thanks

As far as I know Arecbis makes a 12.5 not a 16 liter because if they did I would have just bought that instead.

Yep mattfree99 .You are right my bad :mad:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.