Quick Carb question

3 replies to this topic
  • warchief_ryan

Posted October 08, 2006 - 11:36 AM

Sure you XRL guys are familiar with the Daves Mods, Wanted to know that’s for everything stock carb wise right?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 08, 2006 - 11:46 AM

I believe the idea is to improve throttle response and fuel mixture under all conditions, to change the fuel mixture you must change the 152 stock jet for a larger one in the 158-165 range depending on your other mods and elevation above sea level. However I am sure if you performed the mods and retained the stock jetting I would say that it would have to improve drivability, and shimming the needle minutely richens the bike. If you did the mods on a stock bike without changing the main jet, I would NOT remove the snorkel or add aftermarket exhuast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • warchief_ryan

Posted October 09, 2006 - 07:48 PM

What I was thinking about doing was the carb mods, desmogg, remove snorkel and maybe take off the exhaust baffle/end cap. How do you think it might work out?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 08:50 PM

change your main jet to a 160 and you should be fine, put in a new spark plug run it for a while pull the plug and check it out, tthe magic color is brown, not grey, nor black. good luck with it :devil:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.