Need some torque specs QUICK

2 replies to this topic
  • DefaultPeanut

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:56 PM

Hello there. I am working on a friend's (Andrew) 2003 YZ450F. He needed his valves checked and shimmed. He does not have a manual for this bike so he sas been doing the *it feels tight enough* to the oil filter and drain plugs. I have a YZ250F so I know the general specs but I want to be 100% sure.

I need to know the torque specs for the:
- top engine mount bolts ( all 3 )
- cam caps
- drain plugs
- cam chain tensioner (mounts and top bolt)

I was thingking of using the specs from my 250F but I thought the cam caps atleast would be different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Diode663

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:12 PM

Cam chain tensioner bolts are 8NMs I belive. The cam caps are 75 in/lbs. I just give the upper engine mount bolts a good torquing and the drain bolts I do by feel so I cant help you there.

• DefaultPeanut

Posted October 06, 2006 - 10:43 PM

Alright... I'm not doubting you but the cap bolts on my 250F are 86 in/lbs...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.