Help with brakelight conversion

3 replies to this topic
  • tommyj92028

Posted October 06, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I've got a 2006 xr650r that's plated in Idaho. I need to convert the tail light to brake light. I've got the hyraulic brake switch that replaces a banjo bolt in the rear master cylinder, but I need to change the bulb/wiring to a 3 wire. Can anyone who has done this steer me to part(s) that interchange easily with the stock set up. Thanks.

• thouk

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:01 PM

Look up the DRC insert. It is a replacement led insert that DRC makes for the XR line. It is bright and little juice is used to power it. Langston Racing and Wheeling Cycle both sell the DRC line. I have used both and they are good companies. I have the Edge2 taillight along with the Phantom taillight along with the insert. You can check my website for what the insert looks like. I have not yet mounted the Edge2 yet. I had it under the fender but I am remounting it to on top of the fender below the stock light. Have fun, Tony

Here is my website that I forgot:
click on the Xr picture of course

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted October 07, 2006 - 02:59 AM

If you want to go cheap, go to an auto parts store and get a taillight/turnsignal pigtail to replace the one in the stock bulb socket.

• rockn6gs

Posted October 07, 2006 - 07:23 PM

Call Forrest @ http://www.wheelingc...egory&cat_id=72

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.