Question on JD jet kit for the WR regarding red and blue needles.

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Red needle richer or leaner than the blue needle? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Red needle richer or leaner than the blue needle?

1. Red is richer (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Voted Red is leaner (15 votes [93.75%])

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • Gadsen

Posted October 06, 2006 - 06:54 PM

OK, Its been a long time since I did the JD kit in my 04 WR450F, and dont remember which needle is the leaner one, red or the blue one? I have been leaning it out with jets to increase range until performance suffers, then I'll back it back down a notch. Anyway, I made it into a poll for fun!

Is the red needle fatter (richer) than the blue or leaner?

• clark4131

Posted October 06, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Red for hot weather (leaner), Blue for cold weather (richer). Isn't color-coding fun :devil: ...SC

• 642MX

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:08 PM

Does anybody ever use there blue needle? I use the red needle year-round.

• Gadsen

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:23 PM

I have the blue needle in, clip position number 3. It appears I need to use the red needle. Now next question, which clip position (starting from the top) do you guys normally run on hte red needle?

• clark4131

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:53 PM

Now next question, which clip position (starting from the top) do you guys normally run on hte red needle?

4th or 5th ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted October 07, 2006 - 05:33 AM

I'm on the 4th clip position from the top. But my bike is a 02 YZ426, a WR maybe different. Its a trial and error thing, it just takes time to get it right.

• red7

Posted October 07, 2006 - 08:53 AM

Red 5th position here but may be switching to 4th position since I'm moving to lower elevation.

• byggd

Posted October 07, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Does anybody ever use there blue needle? I use the red needle year-round.

The JD kit recommended the blue needle for my bike. I run it year round but then again I don't do much ridding in the summer :devil:

• 642MX

Posted October 07, 2006 - 01:50 PM

The JD kit recommended the blue needle for my bike. I run it year round but then again I don't do much ridding in the summer :devil:

Same for my 426, the instructions said to use the blue needle. Try the red needle, it leans out the bottom end, it made my bikes low end power unreal. :thumbsdn:

• byggd

Posted October 07, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Same for my 426, the instructions said to use the blue needle. Try the red needle, it leans out the bottom end, it made my bikes low end power unreal. :thumbsdn:

Thanks........ I'll give it a try! :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.