Whats the diffence in power yz and wr

4 replies to this topic
  • aightball27

Posted October 06, 2006 - 02:09 PM

whats the differnce in power between the yz and wr 450. i have a yz 450 and thinking of switching to wr. i do mostly trail racing and occassional mx track ride. i like the power of my yz, so im wondering if a wr is just a powerful especially of takeoff

• Alley Cat

Posted October 06, 2006 - 03:06 PM

It is not snappy at all stock, it takes a bit to bring the WR up to YZ standards mate.
There is the overly heavy flywheel, the exhaust cam, and especially the exhaust that needs to be changed.

Then there's the weight difference........................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigbluerider4life

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:09 PM

It is not snappy at all stock, it takes a bit to bring the WR up to YZ standards mate.
There is the overly heavy flywheel, the exhaust cam, and especially the exhaust that needs to be changed.

Then there's the weight difference........................

if u wait a few months and try out an 07 you won't be saying that :devil:
i've never owned a wr but hear they're rock solid

• ch0g

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:46 PM

i have not done a great deal to my '04 wr and it gave my mates '03 yz a run for it's money. i changed the exhaust for a yoshi and had yamaha re-jet the bike. i also changed the airbox cover (added holes) and changed the airfilter for a more free flowing one. other than that no other changes.

bike is very quick :devil:

• CISCO

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Wellllll...

To bring it up to YZ standards the best combo Ive found is:

Leo Vince X3 Ti full system.....quiet AND powerful
AIS removal, uncork Airbox,/YZ thottle stop/Grey wire mod. rejet
YZ exhaust cam
Trail Tech flywheel -6 OZ.....thats MINUS 6 ounces.

Works well on 06's :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.