1993 xr 600 wont shift

1 reply to this topic
  • factorymx

Posted October 06, 2006 - 12:59 PM

hey guys i have yet another shifting problem. if u can remeber back to the beginning of the summer i had a yz250 that wouldnt shift well it took all summer to save the money to fix it it turns out the person who ownded it before me mangaed to sheer teeth off the gears and all the peices got everywere and clogged up everything, plus i was still paying off the bike. anyways my dad bought a 1993 xr600 when he got it it worked wonderfully well a few weeks ago after it sitting all summer(he didnt go cause i couldnt) he decided to go for one last ride. well he hops on and puts around the complex and he cant get it out of first gear. he blames it on my bike for giving the disease to him but i think its been the 2 summers of absolutly beating on the poor bike we rode almost everyday and he rides it like a cr250 i know that bike wasnt made to be pounded and powershifted through all the gears its more of a flat out desert racing bike. he noticed it getting hard to shift on the last ride and know he cant shift period. the
first thing i thought was shifting fork but it hasnt come arpart yet what are your thoughts.

we changed the oil to so thats not it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • factorymx

Posted October 06, 2006 - 01:17 PM

ohh its a 600r if that helps

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.