First 4-stroke

3 replies to this topic
  • MAC 450

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:38 AM

I finally made the switch from 2 stroke to 4..
Yesterday I bought a new 06 WR450 OTD for 5799...could NOT pass it up...
I know I have lots to do before I race there any web site that is WR specific? I saw an air box kit for $35 that rejets and plugs smog stuff..
I know I need to reseal the air box, and regrease the linkage...
Any info and direction will be appreciated...Can't wait to ride it!!!!
I'm 6'4 and 230# and I've ridden one stock and I don't want to kill myself so I will take my suspension in immediately... :devil:

• davemo94

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:53 AM

Read through the 'sticky' performance mod and jetting threads at the top of this forum. These threads provide a ton of information on the common mods everyone does. Also use the search feature within this forum for any specific things you're wondering about.

I just got my new WR about a month ago and this forum has been extremely valuable in learning what's needed to make the bike perform like I expected (it's a dog in stock form w/ emissions restrictions, etc.).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ArizonaThumper

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:27 AM

That's funny I love my WR400, but I am going back to a 2 stroke, for the easier handling during 80 mile desert races! I just figured that I could not ride either to it's full potential, so why not have one that's easier to handle.

Get the jetting right first thing! And don't try to ride it like a 2 stroke, spend some time getting used to it before going all out, it will kill you!

• WGP

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:42 AM

suspension set-up
Get the Jd jetting kit
smog removal kit
skid plate
frame guards
rad guards
new top triple clamp and fat bars (to raise to your height)
for racing
TM designworks chain guide
new pipe
Acerbis 3.2 gas tank

Have fun!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.