Shopping for 06 WR

2 replies to this topic
  • ishmeal

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:40 PM

I've been shopping for several months now, searching the cycle trader, craigs list, the local paper, and visting several shops in the Phoenix area.

Results are alot of milage just looking at the trashed bikes people are trying to put off as hardly ridden, ridden by my daughter, ridden by my wife, too much power, moving must sell, son outgrew, son moved, grandmother died, and the list goes on.

I have gone to several dealers who just want to play the "lets sell an auto game." Were not going to tell you how much till we sit down and find out some information. Your name, your last name, where you live, how long you've lived there, what type of dog do you have, what the weather is like. And oh, by the way, this is what we expect you to pay.

But this is the sticker price, we have to add freight from China, by way of Seol S. Korea, by way of California, to Arizona, lets say an extra 1K.

Set up, lets see, my son put it together back in the shop, leggo toys extra, add $300.

License and registration, should be about another $300 for 10 minutes worth of work.

Tax and out the door, 8K and one kidney...

I think I will ride a Honda...No thanks to the Yamaha dealers...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjl300XC

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:58 PM

Ismeal, check out this site OTD Cycles. It was the easiest buying I have ever done. They sell to out of state that I remember/ I think.

• jcorni

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:16 PM

I always check the otd cyclesports web page ,then take that price to my local dealer and they have always beat it.last mo. I bought my 06 WR 450 for $5920.00 otd.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.