aftermarket fuel screw?

6 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted October 05, 2006 - 02:45 PM

do i just unscrew stock screw until it falls out then put spring and rubber washer on aftermarket one and screw that one in?

• sxchamp03

Posted October 05, 2006 - 02:54 PM

just got one yesterday as well and wasent sure how to install it either.

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:04 PM

do i just unscrew stock screw until it falls out then put spring and rubber washer on aftermarket one and screw that one in?

It's better if you catch the parts instead of letting them fall out, and the O-ring might decide to stay in the carb, but yes, that's pretty much all there is to it. If it's a ZipTy, stretch the spring about 25% longer than it is, and if it came with a spring, washer and O-ring of its own, use that (keep the old stuff). Holding the screw pointing up, the order is, screw, spring, washer, O-ring.

There will be the matter of adjusting the fuel mix after installation, of course.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:40 PM

thanks man. you are a great help

• SC_Spode

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:22 PM

Anyone have any input on any particular ones to avoid?

I've heard rumors of the tips breaking off some and getting stuck in the carb, requiring replacement of the carb. :devil:

• steve_97060

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:29 PM

I got the MSR one I believe, and it fell out last weekend while i was riding, I had it adjusted about 2 1/2 turns out. I had read something about that problem before on another thread, guess it's true...I am waiting on a new one now, and amazingly, no one who sells them provides a spring and O ring with them, I guess they just assume you'll never need them. that makes absolutely no sense to me at all...

• Vibeguy

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:59 PM

I purchased one from Anderson Automatics, it's anodized aluminum and screwed in OK but didn't have a real positive bottoming feel. I played with it until the bike ran good but I don't really know how many turns out it is???

I sent them a message asking them if they have had this problem reported before but never heard back from them???

I think I'd stick with the Dr.D. I have seen some made of stainless steel but would be concerned that they might damage the carb seat, then what do you do?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.