Works Connection FRAME GUARD FOR A XR650L

3 replies to this topic

Posted October 05, 2006 - 10:39 AM

I have seen some XR650L's here on TT with the "works connection" frame guards that were modified from the 650R, can anyone tell me witch ones they used for this (part # or year 650R). Also what did you have to modify to make them fit. I would like to add a set to my 04 650L.

• justicedone

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:55 PM

I believe they are from an XR600 not a 650R, but maybe I am

But a part number or something would be nice I agree, a mod I have considered before. I was gonna buy some xr600 ones and try to fab if needed...

chime in guys who own them, in detail please.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 06, 2006 - 03:08 AM

They are NOT the guards from a 650R. Those will not fit, the frame is completely different.

The guards that will fit on the 650L are from an XR600. The only difference in the frame (at this location) between the 650L and the XR600 is the addition of the mounting points on the 650L for the buddy pegs. I ordered the XR600 frame guards and installed them on my 650L with no difficulties other than two minor modifications.

You will need to drill one hole on the Left frame guard to allow the lower mounting point for the buddy pegs to fit through. See here:Left Guard

You will need to cut one small slot on the Right guard to clear the lower buddy peg mounting bolt on that side. See here: Right Guard

Hope this helps. I like them on mine a lot, helps to protect some rather exposed wiring.

[edit] I tried to look up a part number for them from Works, but they are no longer shown on their web site (that i could find anyhow) I did find a couple of references to them being discontinued though when i Googled them. I did see them for sale from several web retailers, but if they are not making them anymore they could become hard to find. I would think somone else would have produced these for the XR600?

Posted October 06, 2006 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the info :devil: . I will post where I find them for others also looking for these.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.