07 YZ450F Just Rolled Off the Truck

21 replies to this topic
  • YamieRider411

Posted October 05, 2006 - 09:20 AM

Got a call from my local dealer ("Capital Cycle") in GA. Seems they got in four 07 YZ450F's yesterday... After promising my soul to various unnamed gods :devil: for holding one for me, I picked it up this morning... The other three had already left the building. Put the new factory effects stickers on and broke her in slowwwwly…. She purrs like a kitten getting her belly scratched… :thumbsdn: Here are some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Milhaus

Posted October 05, 2006 - 09:35 AM

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

• SoZo

Posted October 05, 2006 - 10:41 AM

You stink!!!!! I want one!

• mxpro125

Posted October 05, 2006 - 10:47 AM

Love it Congrats, im partial to my white one but, nice bike :-)

• kyle450rider

Posted October 05, 2006 - 11:22 AM

HELL YA BROTHA!Nice bike!Why the black backgrounds on it?

• Supafreak_711

Posted October 05, 2006 - 02:28 PM

I like it alot, makes me wish I could get one (I have a few more years to get out of my 03...)

• blue450frider

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:45 PM

MAN you are lucky, looks nice enjoy it

• Thumper_426

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Right on man! I ordered a '07 WR450F myself. But I couldn't wait, so I bought a '06 WR450F two months ago.
Mark

'06WR450F free mods for now
'06 Kodiak 4x4 wifes

• YamieRider411

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:34 AM

The power of this bike is really crazy… :thumbsdn: The gear ratios are excellence in my opinion. Second and third pull strong over the entire range… The different in power compared to my YZ250F is like a mustang to a Lamborghini. The suspension setup felt good. This bike is great in deep burmed turns. I didn’t have to work it through turns like I do with my 06. This is probably due to the extra 1.5mm on the rear shock. The front forks could use some work but besides that the suspension felt great.

I don’t know why but I like the black backgrounds on the number plates. Black and blue!!! :devil:

• jamiehughes

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:34 AM

HELL YA BROTHA!Nice bike!Why the black backgrounds on it?

maybe he rides the novice class,here in colo thats the background color i have to run to race.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamieRider411

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:51 AM

I notice some clicking or ticking sounds around the front sprocket area on deceleration in second and third gear. It may be nothing but it’s different than what my YZ250F sounds like on deceleration. It sounds like something loose. I’ve gone over this bike and every screw, nut and bolt is tight. It may be coming from the gears on the bottom side. Has anyone who has ridden the 07 noticed this? May just be new sounds on the new bike. I will keep an eye on it…

• Ga426owner

Posted October 06, 2006 - 05:12 AM

maybe he rides the novice class,here in colo thats the background color i have to run to race.

Not here in Ga....I was thinking the same thing....might be extra from his 06 250F

• adamdf

Posted October 06, 2006 - 05:13 AM

How are you liking the "feel" of the bike compared to your 250F, i currently own an 06 YZ250F also but i am thinking of moving to the 450. What are your thoughts now that you have had a chance to compare both bikes?

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2006 - 07:33 AM

I notice some clicking or ticking sounds around the front sprocket area on deceleration in second and third gear. It may be nothing but it’s different than what my YZ250F sounds like on deceleration. It sounds like something loose. I’ve gone over this bike and every screw, nut and bolt is tight. It may be coming from the gears on the bottom side. Has anyone who has ridden the 07 noticed this? May just be new sounds on the new bike. I will keep an eye on it…

Check the inside of the frame above the swing arm pivot for signs of the chain hitting. If you find that, or even if you don't, verify the rear wheel alignment by means other than using the marks on the blocks.

• YamieRider411

Posted October 06, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I’m a 200 pound vet rider so the increase in power is very nice… I was working too hard on the 250F getting over big jumps and on long straights. On the 450F, big jumps don’t require the efforts and straight are usually only one gear change. The suspension is much better. The addition 1.5 mm on the back shock makes the bike feel more level than the 06. Because of the new suspension setup, the bike seems to grip corners better and track straight in sand. I plan on sending the shocks and forks off to RG3 in the next week or so… We’ll see how that goes.

grayracer513 - Thanks for the info. I’m getting it ready for a race this weekend and I will check that out.

• BergArabia

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I like it alot, makes me wish I could get one (I have a few more years to get out of my 03...)

Now that is the stuff I love to hear.
I have an 05 YZ450f with about 20 good hard hours on it.
If I am still looking at a good few years out of it in 2 years from now then I am going to be very happy indeed..

Gotta love Yamaha reliability...
Oh BTW congrats on the new bike.. very sweet..

• mxracer206

Posted October 06, 2006 - 04:38 PM

Check the inside of the frame above the swing arm pivot for signs of the chain hitting. If you find that, or even if you don't, verify the rear wheel alignment by means other than using the marks on the blocks.

I would definately check wheel alignment and chain adjustment as grayracer said, just got our YZ-450 and looked like the chain was definately too tight. Did not have much chance to look as the boy kicked me put of the truck while it was still moving so he could go ride. I was surprised to see the bike delivered with the forks dropped all the way down to the top of the clamp since they lengthened the rear shock to help steering.

Anyway I am very glad to be back on Yamaha's as the RMZ-450 wore me out last year. Can't wait for the small YZ as we did not have 250-F last year, should be fun to ride.

• NOMADAK

Posted October 07, 2006 - 05:48 AM

I'm curious to know if the '07 plastic will fit the '06. My '06 special edition is dialed and I wouldn't mind having an updated look with the white plastic.

• mxjosh

Posted October 07, 2006 - 11:27 AM

Anyway I am very glad to be back on Yamaha's as the RMZ-450 wore me out last year.

In what way did the RMZ wear you out? I had an 06 which I sold and it was far easier to ride than any other bike I've ridden....although I've never ridden a YZF before. I love Yamaha but most people say its cramped for tall guys and I'm 6'3" so I'm thinking about getting the 07 RMZ but I'm still interested in the YZF.

• mxracer206

Posted October 07, 2006 - 04:29 PM

In what way did the RMZ wear you out? I had an 06 which I sold and it was far easier to ride than any other bike I've ridden....although I've never ridden a YZF before. I love Yamaha but most people say its cramped for tall guys and I'm 6'3" so I'm thinking about getting the 07 RMZ but I'm still interested in the YZF.

Maybe I am just getting biased in my old age but seem's like every time I get a bike other than a Yamaha I am sorry. I have rode Yamaha's since the 70's when the first YZ's came out. I still race my 2000 YZ-250 and ride my son's new bikes just to help me keep them set-up for him. The RMZ was perfect when we first got it but seem's like after a few monthes we could never get a handle on the suspension to make it turn for us and seemed like I was always having to tweak on one thing or another. It may have just not suited my son's style of riding. It is now for sale if anyone is wanting a 06 RMZ-450.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.