Skidplate Recommenations??

8 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:11 AM

Hey Guys

I am curious what others are using/recommend? I have always used Moose products with great luck, but have been out of the loop for so long, i was wonderng if there was something better?

This would be for an "L" Model

Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Thanks

NOTE: Yes, i know i boogered up the spelling of the subject line! :devil:

• frankstr

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:17 AM

They have them here, At the TT store............ :devil:

• COAL RUN

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:39 AM

Take a look at these http://www.rockymoun...o#vehicleSelect
I installed one on my 04 650L a few weeks ago very happy with it & installation is very easy. They are made by Utah Sport Cycle

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:41 AM

I've got a brand new Moose skidplate for an "L" if you're interested.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted October 05, 2006 - 07:54 AM

I don't use one. I commute on mine and often sit in traffic with tarmac temps over 130º. I feel that a skid plate would restrict airflow to the motor and hold in heat. Where I ride offroad is very sandy and very few rocks are to be found.

• Maroast

Posted October 05, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I've got a brand new Moose skidplate for an "L" if you're interested.

PM Sent.

Would that fit on an "R"...could I get that from you? Thanks.

-tom

• justicedone

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:59 PM

I think Boston Mangler should get first dibs, since he was offered first. Only seems fair, and an L version wont fit R, by a mile!

I have bought several used items from a TT member through here and it was a perfect transaction each time and saved me %50 off cost.

Thanks MGS :devil:

Dude, buy the plate if the price is right, easy to bolt on and a necessary mod.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 05, 2006 - 04:42 PM

All PM's were responded to. By the way, the skidplate also fits XR600R models.

• justicedone

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:18 PM

True, I mis-typed. I meant it would not fit an XR650R water cooled not a 600r air cooled.

As we know a ton of great parts fit the older R and L

Thank God !

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.