get my 07 now or in the spring

10 replies to this topic
  • warrior86

Posted October 04, 2006 - 06:25 PM

I have had an 07 450 on deposit since august. Supposadely it will be in "any day now". I am eager to get this bike and already ordered parts for it however i was thinking....

its october so depending on the weather ill have about a month of so of good riding on it before it gets too cold. I wont be until late march that ill be riding again. THe bike comes with a 6 month warranty. So basically for four or five months of the warranty my bike will be sitting in my garage. I am fairly confident my bike wont break just sitting, lol. So maybe its better to wait to pick it up in march and then basically have all of next season covered under warranty. I dunno, what do you guys think?

I want this bike, but i want to be smart about this. I still have my 04 250f i can ride for now. thanks for any opinions.

• grayracer513

Posted October 04, 2006 - 06:30 PM

That's what I like about California. The real riding season is just getting started here.

• warrior86

Posted October 04, 2006 - 06:33 PM

go ahead rub it in, hahah. But wait...is it green sticker or red sticker season.....duck season....rabbit season :devil:

• tmauto69

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:27 AM

How are you getting a 6 month warranty? Mine came with 30 days....

• warrior86

Posted October 05, 2006 - 04:06 AM

The dealer told my buddy (who connected me with the good deal on this bike) that it was a 6 month. Maybe my friend got it confused because he was also inquiring about YES warranties.

So what is the regular warrranty that comes with the bike? 30 days? If so, then &%$#@! it, ill pick it up now regardless.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 05, 2006 - 04:50 AM

Yamaha Warranty is 30days - maybe the dealer has their own they are offering???? If you wait until spring......price will be much lower....this is one way to look at it....but if you get it now....you can dial it in for your individual taste and suspension...for spring riding....whats the verdict?

• Reyndogg

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:35 AM

if you're gonna pay cash, i'd suggest you wait if you can really only ride if for a month...you'll probably pay less for it and make a bit of interest on your money.

• warrior86

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:46 AM

im paying 6600 OTD. I originally wanted to get it now that way i could atleast break it in and get a feel for the bike, that way over the winter i can tear it down, grease everything, adjust suspension, jetting, check valves after break in, etc etc so that it would be good to go for the spring without any surprises. The only thing stopping me was the warranty.

Looks like ill be getting this 450 real soon then. I cant wait. I already have the gytr enduro skid plate, magnetic drain plug, and a/f mixture screw along with scotts oil filter and WC rad cages. Ill be sure to give you guys a review once i get it. Thanks for the help as usual and i look forward to hanging out in the 450 forum rather than the 250f forum.

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2006 - 09:43 AM

But wait...is it green sticker or red sticker season.....duck season....rabbit season :devil:

Frankly, I don't pay much attention to that.

• SCIENCE

Posted October 06, 2006 - 09:28 AM

im paying 6600 OTD. I originally wanted to get it now that way i could atleast break it in and get a feel for the bike, that way over the winter i can tear it down, grease everything, adjust suspension, jetting, check valves after break in, etc etc so that it would be good to go for the spring without any surprises. The only thing stopping me was the warranty.

Looks like ill be getting this 450 real soon then. I cant wait. I already have the gytr enduro skid plate, magnetic drain plug, and a/f mixture screw along with scotts oil filter and WC rad cages. Ill be sure to give you guys a review once i get it. Thanks for the help as usual and i look forward to hanging out in the 450 forum rather than the 250f forum.

$6600 OTD is too high for your area. Unless of course, it's the first one the dealer has. Shop around (even out of state) and wait and you'll likely save $400. Enough to pay for all your goodies. Like the others stated, the Yamaha warranty is 30 days, Buy it in March and you'll be covered to start the season. Lastly, I haven't seen one up close yet, but I believe that there is some type of bracing on the radiators for '07.
Good luck w/your decision.

• warrior86

Posted October 07, 2006 - 06:22 AM

really??? 6600 isnt that good of a price? i was under the impression it was an awesome price. I called a few other places and they said it would be a stretch even for them to match that price. O well, regardless, i think im going to get it now (unless it doesnt come in within the next week) just so i can break it in. That way ill have the winter to check valves, do graphics, etc. I would hate to be dealing with that crap in the spring.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.