Clear gas tanks?

3 replies to this topic

Posted October 04, 2006 - 08:10 AM

How long does it take for the clear/natural IMS gas tanks to turn yellow and is there any way at all to keep them from doing that?

• SDMatt

Posted October 04, 2006 - 09:09 AM

From my experience. Yellowing comes from direct sunlight. I have always garaged my bikes and haven't had this issue come up. If you left your bike outdoors, I would assume that this could happen. Of course, I would recommend that you never store your bike outside...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chrome Speedo

Posted October 04, 2006 - 01:34 PM

+1 on the sunlight but I think bikes that are stored indoors also get it from the gas somehow (fumes or liquid, whatever). Why not hook up a quick release fuel line and drain your tank?

• WGP

Posted October 04, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Mine has not turned any color after 2 years (Ascerbis).
The beautiful thing is to glance down and know when you should turn around..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.