Update on new 426 headpipe -

1 reply to this topic
  • Greco

Posted October 04, 2006 - 07:17 AM

OK, on my 2000 YZ426F, I got the new headpipe from GreenKLX (thanks again!) and I installed it with a new Yoshimura RS3 off road slip on muffler unit. Started the bike and could not believe how much engine noise I was hearing with the new system in place. I haven't had it checked for db's but I would guess <96db's.

The system I took off is a full WB E series running 10 discs with a db killer in place. It is now on the shelf waiting for a new home. Too loud for the forest. If you race MX or HS where sound is not an issue (I know, its always an issue) its a good unit. I would guess that its close to 100db's. It can be repacked, but I have not done it. That will help with the db's.

Now, I'm sure you all want a ride report and I would love to give you one, but the jetting is now way off. I'm out 7-8 turns on the fuel screw, so that's not good. It does feel like it has more low end and just a twitch less on the top. For the riding that I do, the slight loss on the top is no big deal. Once I get it jetted (JD kit?) I will update again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted October 04, 2006 - 09:29 AM

I'm out 7-8 turns on the fuel screw, so that's not good.

Whoa...changing an exhaust system will make that much of a difference? :devil:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.