While the carbs out....

6 replies to this topic
  • wayneoXCF

Posted December 08, 2001 - 06:13 PM

Took the carby out tonite so I can finally do the BK mod, and was wondering if there was anything else I should do to it? I already went to clip#4, now maybe I should do the ACV? (You know, the "Scott in KC" mod!) :)

• Cuda

Posted December 08, 2001 - 06:23 PM

I have better luck when I do only one mod at a time lot's easer to troubleshoot if you have problems. My 2¢

• wayneoXCF

Posted December 08, 2001 - 06:30 PM

I hear ya, Cuda. Theres been a ton of R&D on the BK, and I figure its pretty much a straight deal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wayneoXCF

Posted December 09, 2001 - 05:15 PM

Did the BK mod today. Looks like the squirt is a bit less than one second. Didnt touch the timing screw, just the one I tapped, and it looks good. The original squirt was 3.5 sec's.
Will get a chance to ride tomorrow to finally check it out.
Thanks to all for the skinny on the BK!

• Mr_Toyz

Posted December 12, 2001 - 08:25 AM

While you've got it out clean the accelerator pump!

Mr T

• Scott_in_KC

Posted December 12, 2001 - 10:06 PM

Don't do the ACV mod yet, it's right there and easy to get too whenever...as are the jets. Get it running good with the BK mod...then proceed. The ACV mod will require you to drop down on the pilot...I'm back to a 42/100 and it runs great.

Get that carb back on there!! Birds & small animals, seeking warmth & a cheap buzz, will get in your engine when the carb is off!!

• wayneoXCF

Posted December 12, 2001 - 12:57 PM

:) Birds and small animals, huh?!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.