waiting for a 2007?

6 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted October 03, 2006 - 08:27 PM

This is what i was told by a local yammie shop today....
Those units are currently sitting at the dock waiting to be picked up
by a truck and brought to us so they should be here within ten days or
sooner.
So lets hope that everyone waiting for a 2007 gets a call within the next 10 days!

• Dunner

Posted October 04, 2006 - 01:47 AM

I know there at one of the dealers here in Oregon...I really like the white and silver.

• mobius

Posted October 04, 2006 - 04:27 AM

I have had mine for more than 2 weeks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted October 04, 2006 - 07:21 AM

I know a few people got them.I think the rest of us waiting have been hearing the same thing....anyday now!Now there might be some truth to this.

• SCIENCE

Posted October 04, 2006 - 10:40 AM

This is what i was told by a local yammie shop today....
Those units are currently sitting at the dock waiting to be picked up
by a truck and brought to us so they should be here within ten days or
sooner.
So lets hope that everyone waiting for a 2007 gets a call within the next 10 days!

Yamaha has an different (odd) approach when it comes to releasing the new models. I'm not speaking of the models that are produced late, but to the logistics when the bikes are actually in the country. It seems that the crates sit for awhile and our methodically (per Yamaha brass) distributed to the regional warehouses. Once they are in the warehouse, there is another process where tracking #'s are assigned and then they get shipped to said dealer in no particular order. I just picked up an '07 250 and from the paperwork, my dealer shared w/me it looks like it sat in the local warehouse for 3 weeks. It was the first one and dealer was originally told he'd have it early September. Have 2 buddies who are getting 450F's and it's the same thing. Bikes are in the warehouse (which is less than an hour from this dealer), but not available for release til next week! Yamaha, being as successful as it is probably has a method to this madness, but as a customer it seems off. I understand a dealer who doesn't want the new units till the leftovers are gone, but in this dealers case, he had no '06 YZ/YZF's to speak of.

• nysurfsf

Posted October 04, 2006 - 05:57 PM

It's stupid but probably all about pricing and articially keeping the demand strong. I wonder though how it would affect a buyer who was not totally a Yamaha guy? Would he buy another brand in order to get the bike earlier? I know of 07 Honda's that were bought and ridden before the Washougal National

Who know's there may be some warranty related stuff as well.

• rexbond007

Posted October 04, 2006 - 07:56 PM

Up Here In B.C. My dealer Told Me Oct 15 they will Know More. Yet Today they sold a 07 yz 250.that came in Yesterday...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.