WR 426 Red Hot Pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • jdswanny

Posted October 03, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Went for a night ride on a 2002 WR 426 that belongs to my boss. I ride a 01 Yz426. I have never ridden my bike in complete dark (no light) so I don't know if my pipe gets that hot. The WR's pipe was glowing red. Is this normal. We were riding at 6500' and the bike has stock jetting.

Thanks

• flatnacker

Posted October 03, 2006 - 03:30 PM

Gee I dunno mate-I did a search and this topic has never come up before. Best thing would be to sell it before the motor blows up!!!

• JRAMBO

Posted October 03, 2006 - 03:50 PM

Normal,Might be a little lean but the pipe thing is Normal.

• flatnacker

Posted October 03, 2006 - 06:45 PM

Normal,Might be a little lean but the pipe thing is Normal.

No its DEFINATELY NOT NORMAL!! This is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing, and I sure as hell didnt see another post just yesterday on the same topic. This is a very rare-most likely a production malfunction which would have resulted in all your valves being burnt out!! Destroy it IMMEDIATELY

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdswanny

Posted October 04, 2006 - 07:46 AM

What did the Australian do after raking the leaves?
A: He fell out of the tree

• wbbennett1

Posted October 04, 2006 - 10:54 PM

may be running lean i agree, happens at the dunes often when we night ride...cooler air and all..
wb

• Anchslayer

Posted October 05, 2006 - 03:54 PM

This is normal from what I have seen and heard. I know the search function rarely works but there are plenty of other threads on this subject. Lots of 400-450's glow when stopped but should go away once your moving again.

• JRAMBO

Posted October 05, 2006 - 04:04 PM

Ya what ever you say Flathead

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.